FP60 = Loud Injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran FP60 in my car for about 5000 miles and noticed that after a while, it made my fuel injectors really loud and clicky after a while. I took it into the Acura dealership thinking my motor was knocking but they told me my injectors were really noisy. I discontinued using it and after a few more fillups, the noise stopped. Coincidence? Or perhaps my car just uses a strange type of injector that is incompatible with FP? Anyone else experience anything using FP? Also, after discontinuing the usage, my MPG actually went up (although it could've been many other variables, but my last fillup was 40.4mpg)

popcorn.gif
hornets_nest.gif

I have used Lube Control's FP60 in my Acura Legend and my parents' Acura TL. No problems whatsoever, only great results.

I currently use Lube Control's FP Plus in my Acura Legend and my parents' Acura TL. No problems whatsoever, even better results than with FP60.

If its the same formula we tested for LC then we never saw any problems. I would suspect restricted fuel filter in a acura or messed up FPR as the problem, not the additive.

Whens the last time you changed the fuel filter?

FP60 actually quieted my injector down a bit. It always had this hiss sound when at high throttle(garden hose with your thumb over it sound). 50 miles at a high dose of FP60 and it was gone. It cam back after a few tanks without FP, now I run it in every tank at a dose my car likes(5-8oz).

I have over 100,000 miles on LC and FP the past near-five years. If anything, the engines (various gasoline and diesel) run more smoothly. I had a failing fuel pump on one -- at the end it was louder than the engine/exhaust while at idle (this, with a FLOWMASTER 40 muffler). Check the fuel filter and keep on truckin'

no issues here with fp60, fp3000, lc20 or schaeffers 131 or soy ultra. made my 4 cars run smooth as silk with better gas mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back