American Agip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here used American Agip? I am interested in trying their 5w-40 full synthetic and their 5w-30 semi synthetic. Now that GC is no longer available and my stash is down to 12 quarts, I am looking for a similar oil. My UOA's on M1 have only been so so. I would like to avoid Group III oils, have had bad luck with them.

Thanks in advance.

I registered at their website and have tried to place an order there twice. My screen locks up and then times out.

Never had that problem from the 15 or so other internet sites I've purchased automotive products from.

I would use Amsoil European Formula 5W40 in it. It's a PAO/Ester based oil. As stated above, the American AGIP 5W40 is a Group III product.

I've used the PC 5w-40 in my jeep. Crystal clear oil. Performed identical to Delvac 1 in terms of consumption in my 2.5 Wrangler ..but that doesn't mean much (1/2 quart in 7-8k miles).

I still have an account with them. I don't know if I can guess my password after all this time. As I recall, it was easy to get confused or lost on their site. I'd stumble on to some product data sheets and then not be able to find them again on another visit. One local garage uses Agip as their bulk oil supplier.

A Quickie Mart / Gasoline chain here, Wawa, has conventional Agip XL as their consumer-grade oil. About $3.79

Thanks for the replies. The reason I was considering Agip was I have a friend from Europe, and Agip is what he swears by. I was not sure if the formulas were different. I thought of Amsoil too, but there distribution system sucks. I have to hunt someone down who sells it, bicker over the price, wait for the oil to arrive, go to their house to pick it up, then the next time I need oil, guess what he is not doing that anymore.
This is why I thought I might try Agip. I know there website is goofy, so I called. I can get their 5w-40 for just over $5 per liter. Is it worth a try? Is this stuff comparable to the Castrol 5w-40 (not the Belgium stuff)? What else would you recommend in lieu of GC?

Thanks Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back