FFi MPG-CAPS? 7mpg higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on BITOG tried MPG-CAPS? Marketed by a company called FFi (Fuel Freedom International). These things come in pill form. Approx. $2.09 per pill and they're supposed to last up to 22 gallons of fuel.

I know someone who tried it because they got it for free (did some work for someone who sells this). He said he would never bother spending money on something like this but since it was free, he figured he'd give it a shot and popped the caps in his Durango and got 50-70 miles more per fillup than normal. Lasted for about 3 fillups (don't know if he ran to empty on the fillups) and then gas mileage dropped back down to normal.

Now I'm pretty curious about this product. He said he didn't think it would work and he didn't drive any differently than normal (mostly in-city driving) and the results were unexpected. He doesn't think he's going to spend the money to buy this product though.

I thought about it for a while and realized if I'm currently getting 15-16 mpg in-city, and this stuff could really increase my mpg (the site claims some folks achieving increases of 7-8mpg), even if I only get 50-70 miles more per tank (3-4mpg higher). That's still $10+ worth of Premium gas at current prices vs $2.09 per pill. If each pill works for 2-3 tanks (what my buddy experienced), then the cost offset is even greater.

I'm not usually interested in stuff like this since it generally tends to be snakeoil, but the results from someone I actually know in person who's also a skeptic are compelling. I tried searching about it on BITOG but didn't find anything.

Max

I have tested it in two different cars. About 8 tankfulls each. I did not notice any positive effects. My advice is to try something else.

We tested them in fleet service (no kidding). It was a blind test, three cars with and three without, driver did not know which was which and there was no difference that we could detect over 10 tanks, using same gas from the same pump in vehicles matched as close as possible. We have done these kind of tests because someone in management of these fleets somewhere in the nation. Most have never proved to be anything and we are careful about the testing because people get their nose out of joint when these things come to nothing. The pills had a rough start because of all the laughing. I did get someone in the company and could not get anything close to an answer about anything to do with what they are or how they work or a reference we could call. I am not saying they are a fraud, just that we elected not to use them.

deadhorse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back