2003 nissan frontier trans capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time to do a pan drop on a 2003 Nissan Frontier. It has the v6 engine and auto trans. 2wd. The maintenace guide and owners manual don't list a refill capacity. I have never been able to get all the fuid into a container while doing a pan drop, always spill quite a bit. So this is going to make it rather difficult for me to measure what I drain.

I was wondering if anyone has done this particular model before and knows what the refill quantity is?

Just go to the AMSOIL website and plug in your vehicle. They list all the specs, capacities, etc. for your vehicle.

Quote:

Just go to the AMSOIL website and plug in your vehicle. They list all the specs, capacities, etc. for your vehicle.

I just checked they listed a total system capacity of 8.8 qts. There was no listed capacity for a pan drop.

Clean out a catch pan, and I mean clean it to where you wouldn't mind reusing the fluid (hot water, dishwashing/laundry detergent, and compressed air to blow away all the water). Drain it, measure it in a clean quart bottle, put it back in quart by quart, and go buy the same amount of fluid and do your drain and fill with new fluid.

Why do a pan drop? Nissans usually have drainplugs. Use the drainplug. No mess and you can easily measure the old fluid into a container.

Nissans usually drain 1/2 their capacity. So, you should buy 5 quarts and start by refilling only about 3.5 quarts, then top off as needed.

I remember looking before and I never noticed a drain plug on it. I guess I just drop the pan and use a guesstimate of how much I spilled to add to what I catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back