Hyundai Entourage MFR Recommended Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen a lot of discussion around here regarding Hyundai Entourage minivans and their oils, so let me get the party started.
getdown.gif

The manual essentially calls for the preferred oil to be 5W-20 or 5W-30 and if you want you can use 10W-30. I love that they are strait forward enough to just give you the choice. They do say that to achieve the best gas milage you should use 5W-20. In addition they show a picture of the Quaker State symbol and say that they proudly recommend the Quaker State brand of oil.
dunno.gif
The service schedule calls for 3,750 severe service ocis and 7,500 normal service ocis. This engine (same as Azera) uses a cart. type filter accesible from the top of the engine. This was easy to change...

I did the first oil change at 1,000 miles and refilled with Castrol GTX 5W-20 that I had in my stash. Still have about 3 oci worth of the Castrol GTX 5-20, 3 ocis worth of Castrol Syntec 5W-20 and one oci of Mobil 1 0W-20.

Feel free to comment and or speculate on this engine or grade of oils that you would use when given the choice.

Hi Ford SVT Guy....I too have a '07 Hyundai, a Sonata...I dropped the factory fill @ 800 miles, and found it to be like water!!....I refilled it with 5/20 Pennzoil...I am contemplating using Quaker State, but would prefer another brand...I guess Hyundai has a deal with Quaker??...I hope you enjoy the Entourage as much as I like my Sonata..Hyundai seems to really be making a good effort to impress, but I think most people are unaware.....Ted( TCP442)
cheers.gif

Hyundai is big on 5W-20 and has a deal with QS.

In our Kia I run 5W-30 in the summer as it gets mostly Interstate driving then, but winter it's back to 5W-20.

Use PP with Mobil 1 filters. Did an UOA at 10K miles and all was looking great.

Also did the first OC fast, like around 1K miles.

I have two Hyundais, an 02 Sonata and a 02 Santa Fe. Both have around 90k miles, and have been VERY solid cars. No problems at all. For 02, Hyundai recommended anything from 5w30, 10W40, even 20w50!! I just stick with 5w30 conventional year round, usually Supertech, Havoline, or Trop Artic. They have all served me very well. However, if you're so inclined, I wouldn't hesitate to use 5W20 in that new engine.

My next vehicle purchase is going to be the Entourage to replace my wife's 99 Odyssey. I just need to decide between the SE or the Limited. Enjoy your new ride!!

Does Hyundai give you an outdoor air temperature chart to determine which weight oil to use? It would seem to be a good idea, considering the viscosity choices that they consider to be acceptable.

BGK - Hyundai does provide the chart with the outdoor temp. It is pretty standard. All three grades of oil are acceptable over 0 degrees with the 5w30 and 5W-20 oils being good below that also.

why did everyone dump the factory fill so soon? We got an 07 Entourage and I don't recall anything in the manual about an early first oil change.

Berge - You won't find anything in the manual about changing the oil that early. This is a practice for the mildy obsesive compulsive. In my case, I wanted to get out any metal shavings or other particles early on. It is all about peace of mind for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back