FP60 or FP Plus (FP 3000)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
FP60 got me a 3% mpg gain.
FP3000 got me a 6% mpg gain.

The mpg jump going from FP60 to FP3000 was obvious and immediate.

My experience with FP3000 is similar in my WRX.

FP60 gave me about a 4% increase.
FP3000 is giving me about a 6% increase.

Also, the jump was immediate and noticable. I'm now getting 28 mpg in my commute and 29.5-30 mpg on the highway (70+ speeds). EPA for this car is 28 highway.

Ed

I just thought I would bring this thread back up. With my 6 cylinder 2.9 liter 24 Valve I didn't see much of any difference in highway mileage between FP60 and the 3000. Well two weeks ago I forgot to add the 3000 to my daily driver a 2.3 liter Turbo and I paid dearly for it. Try 16.5 mpg instead of my normal 19.25 to 20 mpg between tanks.
Added 3000 on Sunday morning when I filled up for a a two hundred and fifty mile trip. Huge difference between having it in the tank and not having it. The mileage jumped up to a little better than normal highway mileage by close to 2 mpg. One tank doesn't make a trend but it was enough to get my attention.
So I can safely say it matters whether I have FP60 or 3000 in the tank or not. 2+ mpg better is nothing to shrug off.
I'm sold on it.

Quote:

I just thought I would bring this thread back up. With my 6 cylinder 2.9 liter 24 Valve I didn't see much of any difference in highway mileage between FP60 and the 3000. Well two weeks ago I forgot to add the 3000 to my daily driver a 2.3 liter Turbo and I paid dearly for it. Try 16.5 mpg instead of my normal 19.25 to 20 mpg between tanks.
Added 3000 on Sunday morning when I filled up for a a two hundred and fifty mile trip. Huge difference between having it in the tank and not having it. The mileage jumped up to a little better than normal highway mileage by close to 2 mpg. One tank doesn't make a trend but it was enough to get my attention.
So I can safely say it matters whether I have FP60 or 3000 in the tank or not. 2+ mpg better is nothing to shrug off.
I'm sold on it.

Is the 2.3L turbo by chance in a Mazda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back