3M products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

3M polish and wax products are not mentioned much on this forum. I would think a company as large as 3M could produce some good products. Any opinions here?

The performance finish is a decent sealant. Last me 3 months, very slick, very wet looking paint when I applied it to my girlfriends dark metallic grey civic.

12.99, the cleaner wax is decent too...but I like the 3m Performance Finish better.

I like the durability of their "Perfect It" sealer and the Performance Finish worked well too, but they're both the two hardest products to wipe off that I've ever used. I've moved on to Duragloss 111 and really like it.

3M focuses their efforts on the auto body shop trade, car dealer reconditioning and new car prep business. They don't offer a lot for the typical consumer. 3M offers a huge variety of paint polishes, compounds, and various chemicals for all sorts of needs. They sell complete turn-key paint reconditioning systems with all the chemicals, dispensing equipt and tools needed.

Most of the stuff they offer at retail is the same ol, same ol that's been around for decades. They just introduced a new line of car care products aimed at consumers but I haven't seen much of it and don't know too many detailers that use it.

Quote:

I like the durability of their "Perfect It" sealer and the Performance Finish worked well too, but they're both the two hardest products to wipe off that I've ever used. I've moved on to Duragloss 111 and really like it.

try spritzing your towel with some quick detailer to remove the stubborn haze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back