John Deere Mower shuts off when hot help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Deere LT155 shuts down after 30 minutes of running. I have replaced the spark plug and fuel filter and still does the same (as well as cleaned out the holes on the self-ventilated gas cap). Any suggestions ??

What engine? I've seen Kohlers act very finicky for what ever reason with aftermarket (non-kohler)fuel filters. They will starve for fuel at odd times. I've also seen the vac/pulse fuel pumps stop working once the engine bay gets hot. The cases on them warp & they stop pumping.

Joel

Thanks for the replies. This post is for my brothers riding mower I believe he said it was a Briggs and Straton motor.

If it is an LT155 it should have a Kohler Command 15 horse. I have also heard that too fine of a fuel filter can cause problems. The OEM one is 28 micron iirc.

So, if you replaced the fuel filter and it still does the same thing, then it of course does it with both of then - so it may not be the fuel filter.

"If" not, it could be Vapor Lock?

Is the engine caked with dirt & it's running way too hot?

Or, what gas do you use and how old? Do you have any Seafoam to run in the gas?

Check for spark immediately when it shuts down. That would indicate if the ignition coil/module is dying. Heat can be an issue.

I'm quite surprised to see others post about the fuel filter problems. It seems when I do it on other forums, everyone thinks I'm nuts!
IF the original fuel filter was getting clogged AND you replaced it with something other than the PROPER Kohler filter, then the filter is still somewhat suspect.
There are different filters for gravity feed VS fuel pump engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back