Dale Jr. going to Hendrick Motor Sports in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALS

Jr. decided on Hendrick for 08.
banana.gif

I just watched that on Speedvision. Should be a great team. I wonder what number his car will be? Who the sponsor will be?

He took the Bud sponsorship with him. Teresa is holding the number 8 hostage. Figures Dale will pay big bucks to keep his number.

I wouldn't want to be the poor sap that pulls on to a track with the number 8 on his car other than Dale Jr.

Quote:

He took the Bud sponsorship with him. Teresa is holding the number 8 hostage. Figures Dale will pay big bucks to keep his number.

Budweiser has not made a commitment one way or the other. Now that Jr has made his decision, Bud will meet with everyone and see what can be worked out. I do think they'll stick with Jr at Hendrick, though. Anheuser-Busch's top two promotional deals are the Super Bowl and Dale Jr. And A-B has been a Hendrick sponsor in the past, when Ricky Craven and Wally Dallenbach were driving the #25 car.

DEI currently posesses the #8. It will be up to them and Hendrick to see if a deal can be worked out where Jr gets to keep the number. If anyone pays for the number it'll be A-B and other sponsors who have a lot of marketing dollars tied up with Jr and the #8 logo.

Wow.....if he does not keep #8...think back to that commerical about a year ago were he says he is going to change his number after they show all his fans with a *&^%$ load of #8 logo merchandise..ha ha hee everyone laughed..if he goes with 5 or 25 not too many people will be laughing now..

I'm nowhere near into NASCAR as I once once...his fathers death sealed that for me.....talk about cookie cutter drivers now...they all act the same...get into a wreck and then try to be a tough guy by pulling up next to the guy or hitting him in pit lane or waiting for him to drive around and give him the finger...yawn......gimme a break....

Funny seeing Kurt Busch trying to be all tough and macho now...anyone remember when Jimmy Spencer cold cocked him? I will say that goes against anything I said about fighting but for once that punch was worth it.

Goose
patriot.gif

If Jr can't start wining some races now, at least we know it won't be the team's fault. He may have a lot work to bring his driving up to his image. Relative ability only goes so far beyond getting a good start.

Or 25. I'll bet all the merchandise manufacturers are saying oh, darn, we are going to have to make all new stuff for the NASCAR faithful to buy all over again. Don't you just hate it when as a business owner when you have to sell more stuff than you planned? And to have this happen to Jr is such a good deal, because he is so much better at the promotional stuff that that other driving stuff. I'll bet all the girls with an "8" on their bottoms are hoping Jr will get a number like "18" or "28". "8" was a great number for such things because you can read it while she's upside down.

The move will give Dale Jr. every opportunity to succeed. If he can't win now, he has no chance anywhere else. The move might reduce the number of wins that Jeff and Jimmy get since there are only so many wins to go around.

Personally, I think Jeff & Jimmy are better drivers that Dale Jr. He is one of the best, but his name helps him quite a lot. There are a few that I think are the elite and he isn't one of them, maybe he'll change my mind.

I think Tony Stuart needs to run the #5 so we can have Tony the Tiger.

During the pre-race talk of the MIS Race, on Father's Day, Kyle Petty said that, "This scenario hasn't been mentioned, Junior should move into the 48 Lowes Car, that Jimmy Johnson drive's, and that way, Jeff Gordon, would be Dale Jr's, Boss, because he own's the 48 car"!
crazy.gif
hornets_nest.gif
driving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back