Touring Car pics from the garage @Watkins Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Real-Time Racing and STaSIS Engineering for allowing me a few pics from the garage at Watking Glen on saturday. STaSIS ran Mobil 1 0w-40 and Real-Time ran RedLine SAE 40 Racing. Consensus was that I probally was driving the fastest CR-V at the whole event.
thumbsup.gif

rtRSX.jpg

rtRSX2.jpg

TSX2.jpg

meTSX.jpg

sccaTSX.jpg

stasis1.jpg

stasis2.jpg

mazda.jpg

CrnRylDP.jpg

Nice pictures. I like watching the touring races because you can really see the advantages and disadvantages of the different setups (AWD, FWD, RWD) and the races are usually pretty competitive. Then the GT cars come out and I forget about the touring race.
driving.gif

Below are links to three popular road racing series in the USA. If you scour the forums (as well as SpeedTV's Sports Car forum) you should be able to find threads dealing with the similarities among and differences between the various organizations' classes.

American Le Mans Series (ALMS)

ALMS Forum

Grand-Am

Grand-Am Forum

Speed World Challenge

Speed World Challenge Forum

If you're a road racing fan who gets SPEED Channel, here's this weekend's TV schedule for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
cool.gif

P.S. Kleinubing looks a lot different on TV.
wink.gif

Auto-Union, nice pics.

I go to Limerock nearly every year and have similar pics of the Realtime transporter in all of its support splendor. I still miss Jerome, as does the rest of the team, I'm sure. I spoke to him briefly the year before his crash. They were still running the ITRs at the time and he was telling about having to 'start from scratch' with the new RSXs.

Warlord, I'm just the opposite. I find the smaller "Touring" class of cars with their super-full fields much more entertaining than the GT cars. Also, the smaller cars are what I drive so I identify with them more.
smile.gif

Nice pics indeed. Can't beat the REALTIME gourp. A great racing team from WISCONSIN. If your ever in the area during the off season you should take a tour of their shop. Nice folks.

I guess the Redline works well for them. I thought they use the Redline 30wt racing oil?

The Speed GT race and the two Speed Touring Car races from Watkins Glen will be on Speed Channel Saturday afternoon from 2-5 p.m. EDST.
driving.gif

The first two links also show the dates for the repeat airings. Should you choose that option, note Speed's odd habit of considering 12:00:00 a.m. - 6:59:59 a.m. as being part of the previous day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back