Lucas UCL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often should you add this product to the gas tank?
I have used 1 bottle so far to two tanks of gas. I have 23000 miles on my car.

Thanks
popcorn.gif

GTJohn,

I have recently started using this product and I'm still evaluating it wether it's a benefit to my engine or not compared to the money spent. According to the instruction you add one small bottle every tank of gas. Today I bought a large bottle to see if it's cost effective so I'll find out later on. If at worst it doesn't turn me on it's probably better to buy a better benad of gas that has it already in it than to just keep buying another chemical and putting it in the tank every gas tank.

Durango

I relay dont see the economics of dumping Lucas UCL in the tank at every fill. Not at $4 or $5 a bottle.

My car has 24K on it and I use 93 Octane Shell V.

I thought the Lucas UCL might be a good maintenace type additive.

Any thoughts?

I run lucas in every tank 4 oz. I refill from quarts which I wait for sales @ $7.99 comes to around .25 per oz. hence $1.00 per fill up. Gas mileage improves 5-6% tested it for year off and on does indeed improve it on my vehicles. 5 percent better mileage at 3.19 a gallon in a fill up for me is 49.06 with lucas 52.96 without not substantial but better performance clean injectors and money savings of $3.90 per tank minus the lucas = 2.90 saved. In a year $75.40 saved, sounds like an equitable product to me for constant use, just my .02 cents

Dosage for Lucas fuel additive is 2-3 ounces per 10 gallons of fuel. Blindly dumping any amount is a waste of money. Buying in small quantities lacks common sense.

If you want to use it, by all means buy a quart or gallon jug. With measured dosages at fillups and larger bottle purchases, cost increase per tank in minimal.

My last gallon jug($24) purchased, when added at my 15 gallon fillups, doesn't cost much. You do the math!

And, with a smoother running engine, slightly better fuel economy, possibly reduced wear(valves, cylinders, pistons, rings, fuel pump and injectors), cleaner CC's, valves........ benefits can easily outweigh costs. BTW, this goes for ANY fuel additive that you decide to try. Grab at least a gallon, monitor MPG, and draw your own conclusion.

Quote:

I relay dont see the economics of dumping Lucas UCL in the tank at every fill. Not at $4 or $5 a bottle.

My car has 24K on it and I use 93 Octane Shell V.

I thought the Lucas UCL might be a good maintenace type additive.

Any thoughts?

GTJohn,

I too can't see the economics either so generally I don't mind running a small bottle once per month. Despite the opinions I do see a small gain in how smooth my engine runs at idle. Simce you use Shell gasoline constantly you most likely have it mixed in the gas already. Adding a small amount more will just insure your results even though you might not see/feel it.

For myself I can't run Shell in my cars cuz here in Los Angeles it's cost is too great for me to afford. Usually I run Arco/BP and Costco gasoline and perhaps is a few cases run Union 76/Conoco as a supplement. The high price of gasoline has been a constant headache to everyone here and depending on ones pocket book will determine engine longevity etc. Personally the federal government needs to step up it's guide lines for quality standards. That alone will help determine what other products needs to be added if any.

Durango
usa2.gif

I use about 4oz in every tank. I seem to get more low end power, and a quicker "umph" off the line. Engine is a bit smoother with it.

Now I generally mix it with MMO. The MMO helps a tiny amount at smoothing the engine during acceleration but REALLY quiets and smoothes it out at idle. This engine barely feels like its running while idling.

Buying UCL at a truck stop in gallon containers really brings the costs down.
The very small containers are a rip off, the quart size is barely OK, but the gallon is reasonable [per ounce].

Hi u all,

Happy 4th to everyone and hope it's safe! My conclusions trying this product have been pretty positive so far. My cars engine does seem to run more smoothly overall for sure!! Can't really figure it out but it works. I wonder if some form of lubricant is present in gasolines manufactured through out the states?? I usually only burn no more than a 1/4 tank per week so I've been adding about 3 ounces before putting in fresh gas for the start of the work week. Just my observations.

Take care,

Durango

We run between 2 oz - 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of gasoline and use it every time we buy fuel. We too buy the large bottles and refill the small 5.25 oz bottle.

Use it in the fuel for the lawnmower too.

Buy a gallon it's around 20 bucks- 5.25 ounces is on average around 3 bucks. A gallon is 24 5.25ers. If you bought the small size a gallon would be 72 bucks, compared to buying a gallon straight for 20, no brainer. I'm currently switching from MMO in my old vehicles to UCL in my new truck. I think UCL is better long term for cleaning and keeping the fuel system prestine, wereas MMO just makes the ride a little smoother. I plan on putting 5.25 ounces in every tank but skipping a treatment every say 4 tanks. I'm going to buy one 5.25 treatment bottle, and one gallon to refill it. Buy by the gallon, each tank treated is less than a buck.

I switched over both cars to Lucas UCL from FP60 about 3 weeks ago. I initially bought a quart of UCL but liked it so much I bought 2 more gallons for 20 bucks a gallon.

I notice that both cars are much more quiet with the UCL, especially the 3i. My mileage went through the roof on the Taurus and also improved somewhat on the 3i. My wife drove the Taurus from Cincinnati to Detroit on Tuesday and went 252 miles. The fuel needle was still above 1/2 tank. That has NEVER happened before on that trip.

Now as far as cleanliness goes.......your guess is as good as mine concerning FP60 and Lucas UCL. I haven't seen any photographic proof of either product yet.

I still have a gallon of FP3000 and will test that during football season.

I think there was a person that did a VOA on Lucas UCL a while back.

I also see a slight gain in gas mileage when using UCL in a V-8 and various 4 Cyl engines.

There is an old picture that shows how well UCL cleans, but that was in a beaker at a high tempature, not sure it's applicable to injectors and fuel line.

Quote:

There is an old picture that shows how well UCL cleans, but that was in a beaker at a high tempature, not sure it's applicable to injectors and fuel line.

You're right....apples and oranges. I want pictorial proof of the FP line and Lucas UCL in an engine. Rings, piston heads, valves, etc.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Not going to pay for it. Lucas and Lubecontrol can pay for the tests/photos since they are the ones making the claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back