ARX Maint. Dose, Dino or Syn???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does utilizing synthetic oil or a synthetic blend combined with a maintenance dose of ARX outperform Dino+ARX Maintenance dose? Is there no difference? Does Dino+ARX work better than the SYN+ARX blend as it does with the rinse?

ARX maintenance dose works equally well in dino and synthetic. You must still abide by the life expectancy of the oil choice and recommended drain intervals of the host oil. For your best results the motor should be run through a full blown clean and rinse prior to moving on to the maintenance dose.

wait, i can use the stuff in my valvoline synpower? my order just came in a few hours ago and i have yet to change the oil. I have a gallon of supertech but i'd much rather keep the Synpower if i can..

KieferS: use SynPower + A-Rx maintenance dose for your regular OCI (if clean and rinse has been done or engine is fairly new) and enjoy your clean engine. Use the SuperTech if you are doing the clean or rinse phases, then switch to the SynPower + A-Rx.
cheers2.gif

Clean and rinse hasn't been done so i went ahead and used the SuperTech.
I did the work around 11 o'clock last night and i added the whole 12 oz into the 4 bang crankcase. However, i couldn't see for @$%# so i'm not even sure if any of it made it into the crankcase
crushedcar.gif

I put the Supertech in a paper cup and made around 20 deliveries back and forth
laugh.gif

I still managed to make a mess.
I'm sure i'm just being paranoid, i put the whole thing in i'm sure atleast 8 out of the 12 made it.

SOO.. i've been driving it real hard. We'll see if it really does what it claims in a month.
I'm planning on driving 80 mph for 35 minutes everyday. Traffic in atlanta is around 82 mph so i should be able to do it w/o getting in trouble and everyone likes a nice night cruise.

I didn't take a compression test because neither of my friends have a guage and honestly, every test is probably going to be within +/- some number, even if i take the average, unless the engine was in bad condition the test would be ____ IMO. I didn't waste any time or money trying to perform it.

My timing belt tensioner took a dump last night. Coming home for work and i started seeing smoke and the belt was chewed up around the pulleys.
Looks like it'll take me a bit longer to rack up the miles now
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back