Opinions on FP3000 after extended use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've nearly used up the first gallon of FP-3000, so I reached an conclusion:

FP-3000 makes my gas and diesel vehicles run smoother and does increase MPG slightly.

I can't comment about injector/ valve/ combustion chamber cleanliness or upper cylinder lubrication....but these are benefits I also expect to receive from FP-3000

[ soon to be called FP-Plus? ]

I don't know if FP-3000 reduces octane requirements slightly, though I've read anectdotal posts to that effect.

The noticeable improvement in how smoothly the engine runs is enough to keep me using FP-3000.

I've noticed a similar improvement in engine smoothness- thought it was maybe a semi-placebo effect. Then again, I've used FP60 for 18 months and '3000 just in the last couple of weeks since I ran out of '60.

It would be quite interesting to disassemble- or partially so- my engine a few years from now with continual use of FP3000/60, LC20 and the occasional ARX treatment to see how things look; maybe the next time I have the timing belt changed...

Even MMO made my engine run smoother, and its $3/qt. I have a hard time justifying spending more on FP when I don't see any concrete reasons why I should spend more.

I got better results (appearingly) on my diesel than on my gassers. So I went back to FP60 on the gassers with the same smooth running results.

i haven't really noticed much of anything since starting the use of fp3k and lc20. no noticable mileage increase, and my engine already felt pretty smooth. i may not be as sensitive as some of you though to small changes. i just assume that since these chemicals are so highly acclaimed here, that they are doing something, and hopefully cleaning or keeping my engine clean.

I have noticed no appreciable difference when using FP3000 or FP60 in my diesel F350. The only time I have noticed a definite difference is when I used Standyne and MPG went up 2 mpg.

I "may" be seeing 1 mpg increase, but am early into a gallon I picked up from Odis. Started with FP-60, used Lucas while out of town, and now on the 3000 formulation. Idling, highway solo and towing. Now on a 28 mph average, 20 mpg around-town point. Truck at 124,000 miles (8,000# 2wd CTD 6-speed).

Of course, LC-20 in the oil (Rotella 15W-40). Haven't yet done ARX clean-up, and my favored 10,000 mile break-in (to new owner and conditions) has not been reached.

Fuel filter is new as was OFL at purchase. All other fluids changed at same time. New tires and shocks, alignment perfected.

Towing mileage is currently 12 mpg on secondary roads and 14 mpg on Interstate (1700-1900 rpm, or, 58-63 mph). Combination weighs right at 16,000# (1983 34' Silver Streak travel trailer).

FP3000 is still doing great in my Acura Legend, Land Cruiser and Sienna.

I put some in my various friends vehicles and they all seem to have very positive feedback: 2006 BMW 3 series, 2005 BMW 5 series, 2005 Sienna and 2006 Scion TC.

Quote:

FP3000 is still doing great in my Acura Legend, Land Cruiser and Sienna.

I put some in my various friends vehicles and they all seem to have very positive feedback: 2006 BMW 3 series, 2005 BMW 5 series, 2005 Sienna and 2006 Scion TC.

Can you post more info about the feedback? I'm curious to hear what people notice.

My friends aren't "into" cars like we are, so they don't have much quantifiable feedback. Here is a summary of their comments:
1. 2006 BMW 3 series: 40k miles total, in its life the car has NEVER gotten above 28mpg. During its first tank of FP Plus treated gas, it went to 34mpg.
2. 2005 BMW 5 series: about 30k miles. We added FP Plus in the middle of his tank and he never tracks mileage. All he could give is a subjective "smoother".
3. 2005 Sienna used for towing 3000 lbs: again, nothing quantified. He did say it pulled up hills suprisingly well behind his friends in a 5.3L Tahoe.
4. 2006 Scion TC: passenger said the 100 mile trip back home was quieter and smoother. The next day, that TC made it from San Deigo to San Francisco on one tank of gas.

I ran FP3k over a couple of road trips and my moded 91 4dr Blazer still in need of a fine tune and running rather fat did over 21mpg on a 2200mi trip. the truck is 4Klbs plus myself and all my c rap would say total was close to 4500lbs. running 30" AT's w/3.42 rear. oh it. 4wd.
I can't wait to see what it will do w/proper tune.
my 01 Blazer on the other hand only did 19mpg over 1300mi trip and that truck is bone stock. same gear same tires and its a 2dr.
dunno.gif

I'm close to 1,000 miles now on this. The overhead AVG FUEL MPG tends to be high by .5-.7 to actual. Was seeing 26 - 27 mpg yesterday on 30-mile drive from Fort Worth back to Dallas (1800 rpm/63 mph) in the loaded (over 8,000-lb) DODGE CTD. Best before was high 24's on the same drive with a lighter load.

Have been hoping to see 16 mpg/Interstate while pulling trailer. 14 is best so far. No noticeable difference in running no matter where fuel is purchased, just as I expect from FUEL POWER.

I'm seeing 18.5mpg in my Tacoma.

Sure the EPA estiamte is 18/20 but this is easily the highest it's been in the two years I've owned this truck.

Feels just as smooth as FP60 but I use 1-2oz. less per fill-up and my mpg has gone up from ~17mpg.

I'll likely purchase a bottle of FP Plus in a month or two as my bottle of FP3000 begins to empty.

Quote:

I'm seeing 18.5mpg in my Tacoma.

Sure the EPA estiamte is 18/20 but this is easily the highest it's been in the two years I've owned this truck.

Feels just as smooth as FP60 but I use 1-2oz. less per fill-up and my mpg has gone up from ~17mpg.

I'll likely purchase a bottle of FP Plus in a month or two as my bottle of FP3000 begins to empty.

Im assuming you have the 3.4L but thats pretty amazing you got 1.5 more miles per gallon. Since using FP60 for the last few years in my Tacoma i havent noticed any gain...so 1.5 gain would be a huge gain in my book.

Quote:

Since using FP60 for the last few years in my Tacoma i havent noticed any gain...so 1.5 gain would be a huge gain in my book.

I didn't see much of a difference in mpg with FP60 either. It did accelerate smoother that's why I kept using it.

I bought the FP3000 because I figured if I could get twice or 1.5x as many miles out of a gallon for the same price, why not? The mpg gain has been a bonus. I usually travel 70mpg and do mostly highway (I have a 50 mile a day commute to work). Anything over 60 in this truck with the 6spd is pretty brutal on the mpg. I was getting ~15mpg in the winter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back