Cooper CS4 Touring tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are a brand new offering from Cooper. The CS4 has replaced the Lifeliner series.

I've had a set of the T rated CS4 on my Intrepid (225/60-16) for 3 weeks now and I really like them. Nice and quiet, handle well enough, and look nice.

I'll try to remember to do an update when they have 8-10K on them.

FYI

It IS a nice looking tire. Funny you would mention about the balancing. The shop I bought mine from use one of those Hunter 9xxx series machines with the road force balancing. Out of the 4 tires, they had one "zero" and one 0.2. They said they had a 'zero' just the day before with another CS4.

quote]Just sold my first set of them last week. GOOD LOOKING TIRE!!!!!! easily balanced.

Bob

Interesting... might have to consider these for my 83 MB 300D...

alreadygone- can you clue me in to how much I would be looking to pay for a set in p195/70r14???

Thanks!

JMH

'H' rated is also available. I went with the T-rated because I do mainly highway cruising at moderate speeds.

I put H rated tires on the old MB, though it would be a chore getting past 100 MPH - I prefer the sidewall stiffness, however, if these tires are very highly rated, Id consider the T rated without issue.

I try to buy H, A/A tires for all cars, but perhaps that doesnt matter so much...

JMH

Quote:

I put H rated tires on the old MB, though it would be a chore getting past 100 MPH - I prefer the sidewall stiffness, however, if these tires are very highly rated, Id consider the T rated without issue.

I try to buy H, A/A tires for all cars, but perhaps that doesnt matter so much...

JMH

If you prefer a stiffer sidewall then you might like the H rated version of the CS4. Now that I;ve had them for a few weeks, I can tell that the sidewalls on the CS4s are not as stiff as the previous T (not H) rated tires I had on before. But they are so much quieter and smoother that I don't mind at all.

Well, I have my MB set up with what Daimler effectively calls the "Afrika' package, where it has upgraded stiffer suspension. It isnt really stiff compared to anything else, but I prefer for a car to not ride like an old cadillac.... My 83 befoe it wa ruined was set up this way and did a great job of taking corners and still giving a comfortable ride.

I dont know how much tires will effect such things, though... other than cornering, perhaps it doesnt matter!

JMH

Cooper CS4 Update

It's been almost a year since I bought these tires. I've put 30K miles on them (50K km). They still run as smooth and quiet as the day the were installed; not a problem with them at all. Good wet and dry traction. 'Reasonable' performance in snow for an all season radial - no better or worse in snow than any other all season tire I've had before.

I can't comment much on handling characteristics because the Intrepid these are on has 212K miles on original struts/springs etc and those components are definitely mushy at this point.

It figures, the closest dealer is 50 miles from me and I'm tire shopping. It sounds as though these are a good buy with a local dealer.

I just grabbed these for summer smokers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260403496246

I have some new pairs of tires sitting around, but prefer beaters for summer, with my multiple sets of wheels to use.

They won't actually go on until Fall, actually being next summer's smokers, unless something goes wrong with my current smokers (Affinitys, oye). I hear they are good and what better way to try them out than $30 a piece? I'll probally just use them on the rear w/ the Hydroedge on the front until it gets hot out again.

Nice sidewall, btw.

http://www.coopertires.com/html/products/tires_passenger.aspx

I can pick them up in my travels, no need for pricy shipping makes it a good deal for me.

I have them on my four door Civic. They have about 15,000 miles on them and they are great tires. They are wearing great. I find them quiet and comfortable. Much better than the cheap OEM tires the car came with. I think they compare well to a Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, only much, much cheaper. I'd recommend them.

CORRAN , has your mileage dropped any with CS4s ? Gain some m.p.g. or the same ? Strongly considering these for the '09 YARIS , slightly concerned about rolling resistance and the impact on the fuel economy . Averaging close to 38 miles per gallon with 4 door liftback that's coupled with the 4 speed auto . THANKS

If I lost any milage at all it would be very minimal. I can't say for sure since the wife drives it, but I'm willing to bet you won't notice a difference.

Originally Posted By: smokey1
CORRAN , has your mileage dropped any with CS4s ? Gain some m.p.g. or the same ? Strongly considering these for the '09 YARIS , slightly concerned about rolling resistance and the impact on the fuel economy . Averaging close to 38 miles per gallon with 4 door liftback that's coupled with the 4 speed auto . THANKS

You might lose a MPG, but the car will handle much better.

I'm considering the CS4s, or their MasterCraft counterpart....

Someone on another internet forum bought the CS4s and reported a consistent 3% hit in fuel economy at the onset. He says as the tires have worn in, that fuel economy penalty has mostly erased itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back