600 class sportbike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... can't just buy 1.75 qts
wink.gif

WarDawg,
Something magical has happened indeed. It has been beyond belief that I can go 200 miles with less that three gallons with this monster engine all driven in town. . It is not just the MPG. The the way my 919 runs has also changed. It happened after about 40 miles into the change to Motul. I get my motul locally but next time I will get it from the web. It is cheaper.
AFA MPG. It is not a wishful thinking. I always fill three gallons when low fuel light remains on consistently. And I always got about 140+/- miles with that three gallons every time. When switched to motul, my low fuel never came on even after 189 miles which forced me to do a fill up to make sure the light and low fuel warning was working. I got 3 1/2 gallons to fill up the tank meaning that I still had 1/2 gallon to go. I have no explanation for it but still looking at the situation closely. My 05 919 has about 800 miles on it and it has been a thrill to ride it. 919 is hard to beat in construction, design and performance imo.

Just telling you so you don't overfill. Manual says 2 qts when oil and filter are done, but I find you will overfill it if you just poor in 2 qts and call it good....It is more like 1 and 3/4 plus to get it close to the upper mark on the site glass...

Enjoy.

It is better to overfill the engine than under IMO but not by much. Depending on the bike, if you drian the engine on side stand, it might over drain itself. Therefore it is a good idea to fill by factory number and check to make sure and add if needed.

With most bikes it's a simple matter to watch the sight glass as you fill it. I only use the manufacturer as an indication of how much oil I need to get, not how much is going in.

Over-drain? I want everthing out of there...

Overdrain.. a phrase to indicate more fluid had been drained than what spec says. We all want to drain it all if we could.
Incidently, a good practice to drain the oil is with engine at running temp, drain the oil overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back