Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mpclubricants.com/

product = FP-10
product data sheet : http://www.mpclubricants.com/data/data-FP-10military.pdf

msds:
http://www.mpclubricants.com/msds/FP-10.pdf

product info claims a blend of high quality petrochemical products,
contains NO PTFE, NO silicone, no graphite, moly, or solid lubricants.

Flash point 338 F
pour point -49 F
auto ignition temp 469 F
cloud point 14 F
rust preventative (D-665) pass- no rust
kinematic viscosities
100F cst = 25.05 cps
104F cst = 21.7 cps
210F cst = 3.96 cps
212F cst = 3.81 cps

load wear index = 61.33 (4 vall EP D-2783)
last non seizure (sear) 100 kg (0.61mm)
last seizure (sear) 315kg (2.57mm)
weld load 400 kg

odor = cinnamon

msds claims:
66% semi-syn hydrocarbon oil
30% EP oil additive
1% lubricity additive
3% corrosion inhibitor

so, looks like you're buying a quality lubricant (oil). No EP adds it looks like, so I guess you would expect if there's no wet film, there's nothing there to lubricate, no boundary film?

What kind of oils you think they're using? Any oils smell like cinnamon?

can anyone back out the viscosity index based on the kinematic viscosity numbers?
What is "cps" ?

FP10 is my favorite gun lube. Works very well.

Base oil is high quality Naphthenic with some PAO. % unknown, does not show up on MSDS. This came from a post by the formulator. It sticks to metal like no other gun lube I have used.

Contains ZDDP for anti-wear and anti-oxidant. It is on the MSDS.

EP is a Chlorinated Parrafin. It is on the MSDS. Never have seen rust problems yet, including inside the barrel. I also use their SL-10 for around the house. Also for hood latches and pivots/hinges on cars. No problems, very smooth.

Smell is an added odderant. cps? don't know. I take the numbers to mean cSt.

For more info, do a search for posts by "Firepower" over on 1911 forum. He is/was the formulator and posted heavily on that board (and others) a few years ago.

I stay awaybfrom all chloroparaffins regardless of chain length. Long chains are now as suspect as short-chains, and with the usual suspect target organ, the liver. At 30% chlorowax, I won't take any chances. I'll take instead a bigger wear scar, anyday, and my guns will still outlive me

I use CLP for basic cleaning and protection, FP-10 for lubrication and Barnes CR-10 for deep cleaning.

1 FMF,

Currently I'm using FP-10 for all my lubricating needs except for any areas that require grease. So far this oil appears to be just as good as all the others and can't find it to be any superior to any other.

I say this because I use to go oil crazy during my younger years and I have a shelve FULL of different oil/greases that I decided 2 years ago to use them all up and get rid of. I have enough for another 5 years easy. Persoanlly I'm a Breakfree person but this oil seems to be good stuff too.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back