Oil for Kawi Brute Force 650 V Twin ATV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just bought me a new toy-- a Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4 ATV. This has a 633cc watercooled V Twin engine and calls for 10w-40 (year around) or 20w-50 (summer) that meets JASO MA. It has the CVT transmission, but apparently there is a starter cluth that doesn't like FMs very well, so I can't use a highly friction modified oil in it. I am looking for a good synthetic oil to use in it, probably running thicker in warm weather and thinner in winter. Thanks.

Try Amsoil's 0W40 synthetic JASO MA ATV oil. Info at https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g1713_rev11_06.pdf .
"It is an all climate/all season oil that replaces 0W-30, 0W-
40, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 oils for ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles and other
power sports equipment. Manufacturers include Polaris®, Honda®, Yamaha®,
Ski-Doo®, Can-Am® (Bombardier®), Suzuki®, Kawasaki® and Arctic Cat®.
API SL/CF, SJ, SH, SG • JASO MA/MA2"

Have never used Rotella Syn in this type of application. was reviewing the UOAs and it seems to do about as well as powersports-specific oils do. I have had my eye on the Amsoil 0w-40 as well, I have an Amsoil Commercial Account which makes it a lot cheaper. Funny how two of the oils I was looking at the hardest are the first 2 mentioned. Kind of interested in Redline, but my #@$%! is it expensive.

As the Rotella is not listed as JASO MA, I suggest going with Amsoil till your warranty runs out, then try the Rotella to see which you prefer.

That's a 4 yr warranty--guess I will be sticking with Amsoil for a while. Wish I had a VOA of that 0w-40 oil somewhere to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back