Help, need a cross ref for air filter on generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a newer motorhome with a Genrac Q-55G generator with the Generac GN480 engine. Wix catalog does not list an air filter (but does list oil filter). I am hoping to find a cross reference for an aftermarket air filter. It has a Generac flame retardant paper air filter #73123 on it now. Anybody know of a cross reference filter for this? I also posted in the small engine forum.

Wow, that looks about right. It's past midnight and I have to wake up at 6:15, so I won't be going out to measure it yet tonight, but tomorrow I can. Thanks

What kind of engine is on that thing? Generac doesn't manufacture engines. Is it still that V configuration Briggs? I went to factory training at Generac years ago and they took engines right from the crate, bolted generators to them and off they went. A go cart shop may have an air filter for it.

I ordered three from the company whose link I posted above. These are Generac filters about $8 each. I measured the filter and the Wi 42442 looks about the same size. Will check one out if I can find one in stock anywhere.

Its a GN480 engine. A V twin, laying down on it's side.

That's a great engine. And, if memory serves, the belt that drives the generator has a lifetime warranty.

Yep, book says life warranty on generator belt.

Funny thing, it has an oil fill cap on one valve cover, but not the other, yet the main oil fill is in a different location. Maybe the valve cover cap is to be removed to allow air to escape when filling at the other location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back