GC definitely not discontinued. Got some M7 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that in the US the fact that many AutoZones are no longer stocking GC has led to the perception that GC is being discontinued. My last couple of purchases of of GC have been date code M6 (2006) and on my last purchase I "cleaned out" my local Wal-Mart. I was back there today and the shelf was restocked so I bought another 8 litres (quarts) and I noticed that it was all M7 (2007) date code.

The supply of GC must be a regional situation--it's widely available at 3 or 4 major retailers in Canada, but perhaps for the US market most consumers are still leery of "0W" oils - at least 0W-30 - and erroneously think they are thin oils.
canada.gif

Even if it isn't discontinued in the US, it is too hard to find
frown.gif
to be a viable choice for me. Heck, dont even know how the UOA's will pan out.

I asked the manager at my local AutoZone yesterday about ordering the GC. He said it's no problem. They received a case on their last shipment and had 9 quarts on their shelf.

I am surprised that folks can't ask for it to be shipped to their local store.

Quote:

I asked the manager at my local AutoZone yesterday about ordering the GC. He said it's no problem. They received a case on their last shipment and had 9 quarts on their shelf.

I am surprised that folks can't ask for it to be shipped to their local store.

I asked my local store manager and he said he could not order it for me. He did show me the inventory levels of GC at all the local stores and even called the one to verify the inventory was accurate before I went there. I'm stocked up for now so I'll worry about it in a year or 2 before I run out.

Can someone verify that the M07 is still Made in Germany? I'm wondering if Castrol might pull a move like they did with Belgian Castrol, and start blending here in US.

Just scored 45 bottles north of Philly! Went to my local AZ and the manager was really friendly and I asked if he could check the computer for me. He looked around and only saw a bottle here or a bottle there, but said they had 45 in a Philly store. He said they could send them up overnight. I asked him if I had to pay for it in advance since we wouldn't know if it was German and he said no. I just called over to see if it was in and he checked it and they were the German ones! Plus it's on sale for $4.50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back