Going on my first long distance ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the best investment is a pair of good biking short.

Good luck this weekend and let us know how things went.

Thanks for everything guys. I keep saying that my body is fine for this ride. Today was proof. 40 miles. First 20 were against a 25mph headwind. We stopped to take care of some bearing problem on my front wheel. I had to bike with the clicking the whole ride because I didn't bring any tools to really take care of it. On the way back, we pushed it hard. We did the for 20 miles in about an hour and 15, but that included the stop to fix the wheel. We made it to the 10 mile checkpoint in under 30 minutes. Then the weather changed. The winds were against us on the last 10. I was going upwards of 25mph at one point, but my friend's asthma started acting up so I had to slow down. With 5 miles left, I saw a copperhead... and wanted to die. I'm deathly afraid of snakes. At that same point, the clouds opened up and ohhhh boy did they pour. I should add that this is the third day we got rained on, but thank #@$%! it was at the end of the ride, instead of at the 15 mile mark the past two days. We did the whole ride in under 3 hours! Thats not bad, considering we were in the rain, stopped for bike problems and to eat a snack. My friend also stepped in fireants at one point so I was helping her get them off... that took a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back