Brad Penn oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a case of the Penn-Grade 1 20w50 to use in my Harley.

I used Kendall oils back in the 70s and 80s and the Brad Penn stuff is made in what was the Kendall refinery before the Kendall name got sold off. Brad Penn oils are as close as you can get to the genuine Kendall oils.

You will not be disappointed G-Man. I still use their stuff, even in the midst of having Eneos 0w20 in our Honda Pilot. Everything else has Brad Penn something in the crankcase right now.

The old kendall green was not part PAO, but had a bigger dose of additive. The new stuff would be labeled "weak" if put up for comment on this site. Sure it's good oil though. There's some VOA's floating around somewhere.

P ZN CA

20/50 penn race 664 852 2094 blackstone
20/50 penn race 801 1058 2827 staveley
20/50 original kendall 1229 1415 2408 blackstone

Quote:

The old kendall green was not part PAO, but had a bigger dose of additive. The new stuff would be labeled "weak" if put up for comment on this site. Sure it's good oil though. There's some VOA's floating around somewhere.

The new stuff uses a different additive technology and PAO to boost the VI and lower the pour point. As I've said before, the current Penn-Grade 1 oil is what Kendall GT-1 would be today if the Kendall name hadn't been sold and the Bradford refinery were still making Kendall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back