Briggs and Stratton Oil Filter Cross Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a new Sears 20 HP lawn tractor. Much to my surprize and delight the Briggs engine has a standard size spin on oil filter!
shocked.gif
I looked it up on the B/S website and it's part number 696854 and they want $11.60 for it. I'm sure it must cross reference to something of better quality and less cost. Anybody know?
cheers.gif

The Wix cross reference is 57035. Just ordered from Filter1 for a bit over $5 per filter. Get free shipping with orders of six or more filters with a total of $50. I ordered filters for two vehicles, my ATV and Scag ZTR mower and got them in three days.

From the Amsoil site, Master Filter Cross Reference Guide, WIX 57035 Oil Filter (O)

WIX Filters

$7.50

Filter, tax plus shipping is $14.65 at Preferred Customer pricing.

I'd think any O'Reilly Auto Parts should be able to have the Wix 57035 overnight for you. Drop the "5" fron the #, and Napa should be able to get you an equivalent Napa Gold overnight.

IF you have the room, you can also use one of the longer filters referenced in the link I posted. Some applications do use them. It's a matter of space requirements.
I think a lot of Briggs are probably shipped with the small filter since they know it'll fit all applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back