What's used more in V8 racing. Redline or Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Penn Brothers in California, they use to race motorcycles as teenagers. I think Brads brother is into commercial concrete cutting on a large scale. Good guy's-fairtale lifes.

As for the what's used in racing....I believe NEO and Redline are custom blending weights for specific customers. I think Amsoil sells what it sells and that's it! But remember AL said Al Unser put Amsoil in his oil jugs for His Indy Cars....So who Know's
dunno.gif

Quote:

I remember the Penn Brothers in California, they use to race motorcycles as teenagers. I think Brads brother is into commercial concrete cutting on a large scale. Good guy's-fairtale lifes.

I thought the name for the oil came from Bradford, Pennsylvania where the refinery is.

Quote:

Here is what the folks at Russell Racing have to say about Brad Penn's Penn-Grade 1 racing oil:

Quote:

Brad Penn racing oil returns for its second year with Russell Racing. The number one technical question asked at the recent car show was "who is Brad Penn." The parent company, American Refinery purchased the Kendall refinery in 1997. Kendall had developed it's GT-1 racing oils years ago with the likes of Big Daddy Don Garlits. The Kendall name is now used by others but the fine product remains with Brad Penn. They have further improved the oil to include actual Penn Grade crude, synthetic oil, and detergent additives. No other oil company can match this formula. Donnie Moran (UMP $1 million dollar winner), The Gravedigger Monster Trucks, Tom Hemphill Racing (IHRA), and many others are making the switch. Russell Racing ran this oil in two 8000 rpm dry sump motors in 2004 and dynoed with it in 2005. Even our dyno technician commented on its amazing clinging attributes. Thank you Brad Penn for your support this season.

I remember using the green oil back in the day,
patriot.gif

that was those days of experiments gone sour and blame put on everything but the actual source. funny how those days are so long gone
banana.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the name for the oil came from Bradford, Pennsylvania where the refinery is.

It is. I don't know what he's talking about.
smirk.gif

I received a case of Brad Penn 20W-50 and I had a VOA ran and at the same time ran a VOA on K GT-1 20W-50 the obsolete green oil. Not even close to the same and neither ones test results had anything remarkable. I posted them on this site maybe 3 years ago.

In a cheaper RACE oil of that weight the VR-1 20W-50 is a way better brew. Based on testing at racing 1000+ hp race engines. Next better IMO is Schaffer's Micron Molly if they still make it. Of course if you have deep pockets RP Race oil or Red line are the best you can buy.

Maybe the BP is better now. Terry eye balled the results and was not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back