Redline 5w40 or Motul 8100 E-Tech 0w40 - VW 1.8T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in florida now. I have used motul 8100 e-tech 0w40 for some time now, after they changed the formulation on the amsoil euro 5w40. I will be moving to Las Vegas in 2 months. After now noticing how important NOACK is to hi temp climate oils and my car being turbocharged as well. It seems reline blows away motul. I can get redline at dealer price (7 a quart) motul is almost 11 a liter. Which would you guys reccomend? As of now, I don't get over 230 or 240 oil temp. I'm sure it will go up in vegas.

98 is probably right, but for Turbo applications, RL is tough to beat. Esters shine in high temperature applications.

I'd do 1 qt M1 15W-50 (NOT the EP version) with the rest being M1 0W-40. Exotic oil performance for typical synthetic oil prices. M1 0W-40 is one of Mobil 1's uber oils. The 15W-50 will help thicken it up for desert conditions.

Good choice JAG.
cheers.gif

Quote:

I'd do 1 qt M1 15W-50 (NOT the EP version) with the rest being M1 0W-40. Exotic oil performance for typical synthetic oil prices. M1 0W-40 is one of Mobil 1's uber oils. The 15W-50 will help thicken it up for desert conditions.

I do think that is a good idea.
thumbsup.gif

offtopic.gif

I notice on the 300V that I bought that they say it can be mixed with other oils...I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mix Mobil 1 0w-40 with Motul 300V 5w-30? What you guys think?

Aside from cost. Do either offer better protection or performance. I already bought the redline and seeing as I don't drive a lot, I don't mind paying the 7 bucks a quart.

If it were my car and I could get Redline at $7/qt. there would be no doubt that I'd go with Redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back