Goodyear vs AC Delco Coolant Hoses & Belts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions:

What would be "superior" GY or AC Delco for each of these components? Is there any possibility AC is made by Dayco and or GY makes both lines? I know production can be weird. AC Delco is quality but why pay more if they are made by someone else and re-badged
wink.gif
Hoses are critical and what I call and endurance component. I want reliability. Any quality difference between Curved & Molded??

From AutoZone.com:

GY Upper Hose (Curved??) : $9.99
GY Lower Hose (Curved??) : $14.99
GY Gatorback Poly-V Belt : $32.96

RockAuto:
AC Delco Lower Hose (Molded): $22.79
AC Delco Upper Hose (Molded): $10.19
AC Delco Serpentine Belt : $23.79

According to GY site they say those (AutoZone GY hoses) part numbers are Molded. AutoZone says they are Curved.

I remember when I bought the ACDelco hoses for my car, it had a plastic piece in the lower hose and it had a different brand stamped on it but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Its difficult to see where it is now. I want to say Gates but Im not sure. Regardless of hose selection, get the GY gatorback.

I work at a GM dealer in the parts dept. and have seen both dayco and gates belts in GM or AC Delco "sleeves" before. Hoses seem to have GM part number stamped on them, but no other brand names. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Regardless of hose selection, get the GY gatorback.

AGREED! NOT that there's anything wrong with Gates or Dayco belts, but the Gatorbacks have an exceptional rep on all of the sites I frequent. I use them and find the minor price difference well worth it.

Either brand is fine with me, so I'd go with the cheapest option for each. My mother's Sunfire has 8 years and 120K on the original AC Delco belt and it still looks perfect.

Quote:

Either brand is fine with me, so I'd go with the cheapest option for each. My mother's Sunfire has 8 years and 120K on the original AC Delco belt and it still looks perfect.

I had my wife, girlfriend at the time, change her sunfire's uppper/lower radiator hoses at a napa auto care shop 5 years ago. 5 yr/94k held up fine. I would go with the cheapest, probably rebranded by radiator hose company.

My 2006 Monte Carlo has a GM part number stamped onto a Mitsubishi belt, so there is at least one other supplier you can expect when buying AC Delco.

I, personally, have a gatorback on my car which has been on about 50k that still looks pretty good. I just replaced the original Motorcraft belt off my girlfriend's Mustang that had over 75k on it and still looks brand new. No cracks or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back