Does anyone use trueflow air filters? Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i'm thinking about trying one of these true flow air filters. They are made of foam and supposedly flow really well and filter the best. I know my dirtbike uses foam and sees extreme conditions and filters well. What do you guys think?

I have one for my 04.5 Dodge Cummins...it was a really nice filter. But after 25k, trying to clean it was all but impossible. I have been told to clean it in diesel fuel or kerosene, and that doesn't hurt the material.

I was really impressed with the seal and what seemed like very good filtering (white glove test)...I would not be afrain to run one in a very dusty environment (some of my jobs were off-road in New Mexico)...

steved

I have had a true flow for a couple of years, I had trouble cleaning it too. But if you use their filter cleaner/recharge kit it comes clean very well. I runs about $10-15 I believe.

I am using a True Flow filter in my '06 Dodge 5.9L CTD, got a good deal on Amazon, $31 for the filter, $11 for the cleaning/oiling kit. Seems to be working great, my recent UOA (posted on BITOG) shows 4ppm silicon. The VOA of this oil CJ-4 Rotella T(also posted on BITOG) showed 4ppm silicon too.

I just got my true flow filter for my tacoma 2.7 and it fit perfectly. I can hear it flowing a little better than the stock paper type filter that i replaced. I'm very impressed with this filter thus far, and i'm very convinced by the effectiveness of foam filters after what i put my dirtbike through.

Quote:

Would be nice to see a UOA to see how efficienct the filter is.

here is my latest UOA, some of the earlier UOA's show quite a bit of silicon(indication of possible poor air filtration) but could have been due to break in period. But my last UOA shows a dramatic drop in silicon, and the OCI was 50% longer than previous OCI's and is the 1st analysis since installing the Trueflow. I plan on doing another UOA in the next month or 2 to see if my Potassium drops, and we can see if the silicon remains low.
cheers.gif

UOA w/Trueflow installed

Tom.

fact or fiction "was waste of money",I don't believe that it is a waste of money.Mine is used in a jeep wrangler,off road where it can get wet.read article about getting WET.

If foam is a poor filter medium, then why do all offroad motrocycles and motocross bikes use them? They see the highest level of dust and dirt around.

Quote:

If foam is a poor filter medium, then why do all offroad motrocycles and motocross bikes use them? They see the highest level of dust and dirt around.

Because if they used paper, it would soon clog and take the risk of collapsing.

Paper filters rely on the same principle as oil filters in that they'll only allow a certain size particle through.

Foam filters have very large size holes in comparison and rely on the dust sticking to the oil.

In other words, if goiing off road or dusty conditions, use foam and oil but expect some dust to get through.

I had no problems with it in my cummins as well, but when it came time to clean I ended up throwing it out because I couldn't get it clean enough for my standards. Luckily Amsoil came out with their ea filter at that time and picked one up which is the best of both worlds. Filtering with the tru-flow I had the same silicon readings as the ea filter with the same amount of miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back