Motomaster Extra Strength Fuel Injector Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the more knowledgeable types here have an opinion on this mixture sold by Canadian Tire ?

MotoMaster Extra Strength Fuel Injector Cleaner (made by Shrader Canada) :

5-10% Stoddard Solvent
1-5% 1,2,4 - Trimethylbenzene
0.1-1.0% Xylene ("mixture of isomers")

Phil

Is this the stuff that I alwaays see on sale for half price? This could be a wolf in sheep's clothing!!

Haven't tried that, but I did try the "Concentrated Small Engine Tuneup" (green stuff) after I failed emissions testing. I passed afterwards, emissions dropped a bit, but I also added new plugs and air filter so I'm not sure what to thank. CSET has isopropanol and 2-butoxyethanol listed on the label.

"2-Butoxyethanol is a primary ingredient of various whiteboard cleaners, liquid soaps, cosmetics, dry cleaning solutions, lacquers, varnishes, herbicides, and latex paints. It also seems to be excellent at killing most insects and arachnids.

It is the main ingredient of many home, commercial, and industrial cleaning solutions, including the Clorox Company's trademarked 409 cleaning product."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butoxyethanol

Hm. I have some of that stuff (green) in a small dosage bottle. I see that it separates out into two layers of varying viscosity fluids like their Stabil-imitator. I shake it up & it mixes for a short period of time & stratifies again...

John.

The stuff I mentioned is red. In fact looks quite a bit like the Redline SI-1 product. Not exactly the same, but similar appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back