Whats the best filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a 85 ford 150 4x4 with I6 300 and has 160,000 miles. What oil filter is very popular now after all the researches? I have not been on here in a while and last i read everyone was buying ST,napa gold, and couple others believe puralator or something.

You really can't go wrong with any of the filters mentioned. I listened to the comments and reports of others, then tried to determine which filter had the best balance of flow, filtration, and price for use in my vehicles. I mostly use Purolator Premium Plus, and Baldwin filters. According to a study done by Grease here on the site, the Premium Plus appears to flow and filter as well as many pricier filters at a third of the cost.

Whats the Teflon do in an oil filter?
dunno.gif
crazy.gif
hornets_nest.gif

I like Purolator, Ive used the Premium Plus and the PureOne. The Motorcraft is the same as a PureOne. I think they are a excellent filters and compared with the price and ease of which to obtain, they cant be beat. I feel the Amsoil/Mobil 1/KN arent worth the price unless you go over 10000 mile changes but then I still think the Purolator would show decent results even in extended conditions. My second choice would be Napa/Wix Ive used these in company vehicles that got oil testing and the resuts always came back excellent.

Quote: The Motorcraft is the same as a PureOne.

Actually the Motorcraft is melding of the PremiumPlus (filter medium) and the PureOne (silicone ADB). It is a good filter at a good price. I used them on my 1995 Ford Taurus for years with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back