New round rubbery things

Status
Not open for further replies.
bs_dueler_hl_alenza_1000.jpg

Look at those sensuous sipes nestled amongst the macho manly tread of near-heroic proportions. Revel in the sheer raw beauty of those muscular sidewalls.

Whatever.

I wanted very good wet traction and tread that would hopefully last awhile.

Using input from the question regarding what tire to buy posted awhile back, along with a buncha' research, Old Coot made a final decision today.

Of the several finalists one brand/model was opted for. The final decision was rough but Old Coot told hisself he had a mere 5 minutes to make that final decision.

Judges, final ballot pleeze.

And the winner is........

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza.

Opted for Tires Plus, a large chain owned by Firestone/Bridgestone, I believe. Staff appeared to be knowedgeable and didn't bat an eye in wonderment at my demand for tightening lug nuts with a hand-held torque wrench.

Went into the outlet with my data list covering the five tires under consideration. Included were prices from other retailers and some on-line prices. Tires Plus beat ALL the prices. Doing the deed on a slow weekday didn't hurt a thing. Basically, got 25-percent off the total retail/list price. Beat the other local dealers and was less than all on-line prices when the shipping prices were factored in.

Well, that chore is done. Four new tires. Ready for the wet roads. Winter snow/ice tires still on their steel wheels, packed away in the garage. Sure hope we don't have a late-season severe snow storm. Of course, we are closer to tornado season than blizzard season.

Thanks to all who assisted by offering info/advice/opinions/and the comic relief with the teddy bear wheels and lavendar tires.

And, for the podunks... technically, that round metal thing is known in the biz as a wheel, not a rim. Though both are acceptable by using the term "wheel" you show how incredibly cool you are.... sorta like driving around on teddy bear wheels and lavender-colored tires.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Quote:

And, for the podunks... technically, that round metal thing is known in the biz as a wheel, not a rim. Though both are acceptable by using the term "wheel" you show how incredibly cool you are.... sorta like driving around on teddy bear wheels and lavender-colored tires.

Carry on.

Actually, I've NEVER heard "podunks" refer to them as "rims". The only ones I've ever heard use that term are the ghetto "G" "Unique Whips" blingpimps, and stupid upside down and backwards visor, baggy falling down jeans wearing, techno music "bumping" riceboyzz.
laugh.gif

Like you, I just call them (at least one piece, fully assembled versions) wheels!

No problems I am aware of.

I always distrust anybody working on any part of any of my vehicles.

Will keep an eye on tire wear.

Got a package deal. The firm had an SAE certified chap who did the alignment. They had a newer machine with all the bells, whistles, laser lights and electro-mechanical hand that extends to slap the user when they mess up. Wait...it's an older machine without the slapping hand!!! Darn.

Anyway.... I always slip a $5 bill to the guys working on my vehicles. Tell them I appreciate their efforts and to feel free to inform me of any problem areas they might see while performing their task. Always done that and seems to mostly work well..... for me. Others claim otherwise but we all have different viewpoints and experiences.

One thing I liked is the ability to stand nearby and observe the workers. I ensured a hand-held torque wrench was used. Didn't linger too much. No worker wants to be stared at for a lengthy period, unless the onlooker is a bodacious babe!!!!!

Free rotation whenever I want it done; they suggested every 3,000 miles but I will likely do it every 6,000. Free alignment for three years, as often as I want it done. Free flat repair. There's a LOT of tire stores in this area. A LOT of competition.

Oh..... another reason I chose this firm is that they have the Hunter GSP9700 balancing machine. Sure beats the old bubble balancing!!!!!

Still...... after peeking at the past post........

I wonder if I shouldn't have gone even further in debt and got those awesome teddy bear RIMS and the lavender-colored tires. Add some of those colored led underframe lights and I would look soooooo neat on my seat while cruising with the homeys all around the 'hood.

No place like that here. We still have to get the alignment when we can save for it. Plus, their machine is being replaced by a newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back