1 Micron Diesel Fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get a 1 micron fuel filter, or are 2 microns the smallest made? Don't really care on manufacturer.(if any)

I can't seem to find any info.
canada.gif

It wasn't that much more than the OEM. The filter is physically bigger, and it was made for large machinery moving much more fuel than a TDI.

I'm running a 1 micron hydraulic filter for fuel (Fleetguard HF6604, 1u @ 95%, 3u @ 98.6%, and 5u @ 99.5% and those are at 39.6GPM)...I change it once a year with almost 50k miles on it (and there is NO pressure drop in that length of time)...at say 18mpg, 50,000 miles / 18mpg is almost 2800 gallons of fuel filtered...

Racor makes some good filters (they have a 1 micron), and the cat filters are very good with no pressure drop (mainly because they are BIG)...I have seen a lot of these installed in Dodge trucks with Cummins and I have never seen a reported pressure drop...

steved

You can run one of those filters that they use for WVO conversions in older mercedes...I forget what the brand is...but it's basically a lifetime filter that you have to replace the element for ever 6K....... those are rated at 1 micron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back