How the heck does this Nippon oil filter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcy

This is supposed to be the filter for my 2006 Honda Odysse. It's a Nippon it say's Ultra 8 on it, and has the numbers 361 1308 and FEYO-14-302 and FS07-14-302A. I can't find a Nippon website to confirm if this is the right filter, but from looking at this filter, I don't see how the internals can work. Shouldn't there be holes in the centre tube to let oil into the engine? Will I blow my engine if I use this thing?

Honda015small.jpg

Honda009small.jpg

If you can't tell from the pics, that thing in the middle (bypass valve?) is close to the open end of the filter as opposed to most filters that have the bypass at the far end.

Looks to me like the centertube has been replaced with screen wire.

On a filter that short, centertubes aren't necessary in NORMAL not BITOGers, usage.

Nothing to worry about.

Manufacturers make mistakes. Imagine what would happen if a few feet of center tube got by without perforations?
Do you have several of these or just one?

I wouldn't use it.

Probably wouldn't blow the engine as the bypass would allow for oil flow.

Cut it open. If it's good then you'll understand better how it works and if it's bad the dealer will still give you a new one.

Didn't your Mother ever tell you...if you don't have anything nice to say......

The picture doesn't have to be perfect (and it won't be at close range with a cheap digital). All I'm trying to show is that there are no perforations in the short centre tube.

Doesn't matter now anyway, I've returned it.

Fuzzy photo's with an clear and concise explanation of what he is trying to show you is more than enough to get the idea across.

Give the guy a break and read what the problem is. And you will figure it out easy enough.

As far as I can tell nope, won't work, made a broke one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back