Thank you, Capri Racer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True knowledge and subject education are hard to come by! Seem we have lost Filterguy on the filter forum. Expect he got tired of accusations of favoring his employer's brand. Hope you continue to instruct us in tested tire design. Allways find it interesting and informative when you explain why things I've grown to think of as just "the way it is" have scientific cause.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks, CR, for your well thought out posts and industry insight. It's info from guys like you that add legitimacy to the mystical world of tires.

And thanks to Bob, our thread starter, for his real world, in-the-trenches view and commentary. Together you guys provide the big picture us tire nerds want to see.

Keep up the great work, gentlemen!!

Thanks, all!

If you were wondering why I disappeared for a while....well....The Lady Capri felt that after 30 years she deserved to take a cruise - 7 days of the Carribean - whew!

Anyway, this forum has also been good for me as well - to "tune" the words, find better ways to express difficult concepts, learn what misconceptions there are, and get a more complete understanding of how people think.

Just glad I can be useful.

Quote:

Thanks, all!

If you were wondering why I disappeared for a while....well....The Lady Capri felt that after 30 years she deserved to take a cruise - 7 days of the Carribean - whew!

Anyway, this forum has also been good for me as well - to "tune" the words, find better ways to express difficult concepts, learn what misconceptions there are, and get a more complete understanding of how people think.

Just glad I can be useful.

So that you're rested, care to take a plunge with the "Bridgestone RE960" and "Tires for the Northwest? Rain even snow tires?" threads? A certain poster seems to be repeatedly reiterating a certain viewpoint about tire types, and heavily discounting glowing reviews/tests of the RE960AS as a wet weather tire. Or maybe you'd just rather avoid walking right into a hornets nest.
cool.gif

Quote:

He'll probably have to get back to work for a few days to get rested back up
laugh.gif

Bob

Yup, and I'm back up to speed.

I've stayed away from the two discussions mentioned by ypw. I think the discussions have wound up in a cul-de-sac, and I just don't want to be there. In the big scheme of things, what matters is how well the tire performs, not our understanding of why.

Quote:

Quote:

He'll probably have to get back to work for a few days to get rested back up
laugh.gif

Bob

Yup, and I'm back up to speed.

I've stayed away from the two discussions mentioned by ypw. I think the discussions have wound up in a cul-de-sac, and I just don't want to be there. In the big scheme of things, what matters is how well the tire performs, not our understanding of why.

Smart man. Strangely enough the guy mentioned you as an authority on the subject in one of those threads, but I was checking out some of your older posts and saw how your credibility was questioned.

I should probably also stop worrying and just have fun driving my WRX.
banana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back