Any experience with Cooper Discoverer M&S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they are snow rated and have the little snowflake on the mountain symbol but I was curious as to how good they work in light to moderate snow? I'm thinking about buying a set of those or something close next November.

Just had my studded Cooper M+S swapped out today, which was their third season. Judging from some web sites they seem to be popular with some pickup owners who plow during winter, but aren't as well known as other severe snow rated tires. I was looking for some Hakka LTs but no one could find them in the US so I bought the Coopers. We live on a hill next to the Columbia River gorge, and see mainly light to moderate snow, 12in is the most I've seen in our yard, but we do get some wicked ice storms, alone or mixed with snow. The tires have done well on everything except water covered ice, where it was lightly raining and freezing on the ground, and I had to chain up.

When your vehicle with four studded tires starts sliding towards the edge of the road as you're idling, you just have to acknowledge that Mother Nature is your daddy :^)

My brother put a set on his 2000 explorer 4x4.

He called me the other day after he was out in a blizzard. Telling me that the new tires, makes the explorer like "a bear" in the snow.

I have a set of studded ones on my Pathfinder. They are great in deep snow, and seem pretty good in all other situations. They're actually very quiet and handle well for an aggressive snow tire too, likely due to the large blocks and solid center tread strip.

I had a set of cooper discoverer "LT"s in the 255x85r16 flavor...they were among the best "snow" tire I ever had on a truck. They gave about 40k of wear, but that was supporting a 7k pound truck (my "empty" weight, sometimes I was pushing 9k loaded).

Another one to look at (also made by cooper) is MasterCraft...the MC "AP" is a very good performer good for around 40k on a "light truck".

steved

Love my Cooper Disover LT M&S. Put on after sliding into a
snow bank and denting my rear quarter panel with my BFG AT
KO summer tires which are suposedly 'Severe Snow' rated. Was like puting my truck on rails, night & day difference!

Quote:

I had a set of cooper discoverer "LT"s in the 255x85r16 flavor...they were among the best "snow" tire I ever had on a truck. They gave about 40k of wear, but that was supporting a 7k pound truck (my "empty" weight, sometimes I was pushing 9k loaded).

Another one to look at (also made by cooper) is MasterCraft...the MC "AP" is a very good performer good for around 40k on a "light truck".

steved

were these M&S? ST? STT? ATR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back