Good/value priced engine oil for Mercedes E55 AMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but its also a 15W, and he lives in MI, which sees those nice clippers that get to me too. 5W oil even seems a bit too thick sometimes (like if the car sits outside for 2 days without a start), which is why i buy GC for the nissan DEC-MAR even though we get free 3K mile changes at the dealer.

15W40 oils that meet MB 229.3+/ACEA A3/B3 will do fine spring - fall.

you run 15W during the winter in PA?

You drive an AMG and you want to save money on oil? Isn't that a little "penny wise and dollar foolish?" If you own an AMG and can't afford the best oil, you probably shouldn't have bought an MB AMG instead of a Chevy.

Quote:

a new AMG engine is only $38k.

. . .
shocked.gif
. . .
shocked.gif

Uh yeah. . . Amsoil 5W-40 Euro should do it.

Quote:

Become an Amsoil PC and buy AFL 5W-40 Euro Oil for $5.75/qt.

This is probably the best deal for that engine you are going to find. Plus you don't have to wait in line at Chinamart.......or go nuts trying to find a Chinamart employee who knows what 0w40 is.
wink.gif

Quote:

I think what BillionPa is saying that Amsoil doesn't make an EaO of the car. It does take a WIX 51226, which is a lube element for a cannister.

OK,he won't go for a WIX either.
I'm guessing a Super Tech(if they make one for that model)
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't get you guys here! First i asked for a cheap oil for my z06 you bitched at me! I mean common Mobil 1 is not the best oil for the range, you can get better oils at cheaper prices

Quote:

I don't get you guys here! First i asked for a cheap oil for my z06 you bitched at me! I mean common Mobil 1 is not the best oil for the range, you can get better oils at cheaper prices

"with Mobil1 0W-40 from the factory. I will be doing my own oil changes, and I've heard that Mobil1 wasn't all it was cracked up to be, especially considering the price.

So are there good alternative full synthetic oils for my car that's cheaper than Mobil1 but gives the same results?"

The poster has a Benz AMG and is clearly looking to just save money.Just read his post.
He's not looking for better oil than Mobil 1.
His concern is oil that is just as good,not better but cheaper.
smile.gif

Last edited:
If your AMG likes M1 0w-40 than is must run well on a 30 weight oil. M1 0w-40 shears quickly if you stress it at all. That's a lot of car and an engine I would not like to have to repair. You might want to look at Amsoil or Red Line for 40 weight oil. I think that a 0w-40 is a bit of a stretch. I would consider GC 0w-30 for a lighter oil and a 10w-40 for a bit thicker oil. My pick for where you live would be GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back