Yuk

Anybody subscribe to:

http://www.gun-tests.com/

Is it worth it?
dunno.gif

Thank you stumpman!

A brief, but convincing endorsement.
smile.gif

I'm a member of 3 other dedicated gun forums. Combined, about thirty odd people have viewed this question, and no one has replied yet...
dunno.gif

Bitog once again proves to be the greatest networking and informational forum on the web.

G0d Bless Bitog!

I subscribed for a couple of years back in the mid 90s. Agree that the reviews are complete and unbiased. I stopped though because I wasn't really buying more guns. If you're actually accumulating firearms on a somewhat regular basis, then yes I'd say it's worthwhile. Beats the heck out of G&A, Shooting Times, etc. which are essentially shills for the manufacturers.
patriot.gif

yeah guntests is pretty good.
I had a subcription for a few years, have about 100 issues up in my attic. I don't remember what it costs, but if i had to choose between that or any other gun magazine, i would choose guntests by far. The info was always consistent, technically satisfying, and the written opinions are good especially when they have 3 or 4 people testing a product, you're not getting just one point of view.
Only problem I found was after reading so many issues, I lost interest. But if you're looking at a particular gun or product, they're well worth buying a past issue if a writeup was done on it. They didn't have website access back when I was subscribing
frown.gif

meant to say, after so many issues the information get's uninteresting... all seems the same especially when they're reviewing products you have no interest in or no intention of buying.
but i might need to check them out and get reviews on current ar-15's.

The thing I like about GT is that they tell you not to buy certain models. I think it's a very honest publication.

Last edited:
Do you know if they yesyed a Firestorm made in Argentina?
I looked at one last week and was impressed for the price,but can't find any info on them. This was a 9MM and a S&W40.
Thanks guys
Smoky

The only complaint I have with GT is that they grab a gun, test it, and imply that every piece off the assembly line is the same.

I've owned a couple of 'do not buys' that were perfect shooters, never jammed, & never had issues.

Since guns run of an assembly line, regardless of what you buy, read up on the warranty. Also, get to know a gunsmith. Sometimes a piece only needs a little finishing, deburring, polishing, lubing to be perfect.

I think the firestorm is made by Bersa of Argentina. They have Bersa owners site the bersa are a little ruff around the edges. But all and all a great value for the money. Were you planning on the 9mm or 40 S&W If for home protection or self defence I would go with the 40 S&W but just for plinking tou ant bea a 9mm cheap to shoot very easy to reload I shoot a lot of hard cast re-load and some plated like rainers for fun plinkin, For the 40 S&W you can hand load and shoot inexpencise lead slugs for plinkin unless you buy a Glock thry have a problem with cast lead you can shoot but you MUST clean your barrel after 100 rds Max to aviod A KB. If you heart is not set on theFirestorm. You may want to Take alook at a CPO Sig In (mm or 40 S&W there used guy that go bak to the factory and are all re-built may have a few dings on the framr but the slide is re-finished comes in a Red plastic box eith a white and blue band around the grip. two mags usally brand new mags and a one year warrenty but what can go wrong Its a Sig Sauer Check the sig forum they have some for sale from dealers or regular guys will ship to you FFL They are a VERY good buy most are $500.00 List on most sigs is almost $800.00 or more. good luck Sigs are fine weapons sorta like a Mercedes Benz in my eyes.

And so do 1911's.Beretta slides crack,sometimes glock frames disintegrate,desert eagles break lock lugs,S&W revolvers shoot loose,etc,etc.No such thing as a break proof weapon.M60 was biggest turd ever made for a GPMG,but many a vet came home because it worked right then.Besides,sig fixed the frame cracking a long time ago.And gun tests condems a whole production run off of one sample.Not really very thorough.Would be like condeming all toyotas cause you got a lemon.Also sometimes they would test weapons that were not in the same price range or class.just my .02

If your worried about frames cracking just buy one with a steel frame. Sig does offer steel frame guns. I just hate how gun makers try to save money and bumped up the price of guns nowadays by using inferior materials such as alloy frames. Sooner or later an alloy frame will give you problems especially using high pressure defense ammo. Been there and done that.

Yea, but the Sig frame failures are akin to say, the GM intake gasket problem. Not isoleted in nature.

If you want a tank that won't break, buy American. Get a Ruger.
patriot.gif

I broke down and bought subsciption... I don't really know why. I knew which gun I wanted (CZ-85 Combat), I bought it and won't have the money to buy another gun for years. Oh well, could have been worse, I could have bought a Sig.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Yea, but the Sig frame failures are akin to say, the GM intake gasket problem. Not isoleted in nature.

If you want a tank that won't break, buy American. Get a Ruger.
patriot.gif

approved.gif
thumbsup.gif

I haved owned several rugers,last one kp95.It had all the ergonomics of an arrow t50 staple gun[but the staple gun had a better trigger].ruger is made to be cheap,thats the only place they can compete.If alloy frames werent any good then wouldnt glocks explode on the first round.I mean aluminum is stronger than plastic,right?Just carry one of those nice steel sigs on a 8hr shift,then tell me how bad alloy sucks.And someone call the seals and let them know the handgun they chose over all others in the world is prone to frame cracking.They might just tell you your #@$%! is suckin seawater!!Better luck with your next gun,not everyone can afford a sig.

How did my Gun-Tests thread get turned into a Sig bash
pat2.gif

Oh well... FWIW, a new comparably equipped Sig 226 costs as much as my new CZ-85 Combat, with 4 extra mags, government mandated training, all the licenses, 2 gun club memberships (outdoor range and different indoor range), and 1200 rounds of 9mm. I know the math is correct because I've actually made all of these purchases.

The CZ may not have the build quality of the Sig, but so far, seems to be a perfectly good bargain.

Cz 85 is a great gun.I remeber when you couldnt get cz's in US.They all came in through Canada,and they were expensive.I cant shoot them because the beavertail flares down into the web of my hand.The cz clones[tanfoglio] are more comfortable to me.Good luck with it,shoot the #@$%! out of it.And off the record,sigs are way overpriced
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back