Multi-Mile Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use these in the past? They are sold at Tire Factory outlets around my area and I am considering trying a set.

Generic Kelly Springfield (Goodyear). At least if made in USA. Sold them for years, decent tires for economy price. IMO Goodyear cut corners a few years back on all their generic lines to compete with imports. Expect them to be almost exact tire Kelly builds for Walmart (Douglas).

Bob

When I purchased my used F-250 Super Duty it had the Les Schwab Wild Country labeled Multi-Mile LT265/75-R16D tires with only 3k miles them. At times the truck front would shimmy felt in the stering wheel. The truck would also sometimes get a vertical resonance in the front wheels on some road surfaces (with new Bilstein shocks).

For winter, I purchased a set of studded Cooper Discoverer snow tires on a separate set of rims. Even though they are studded tires they ride so much better than the Multi-Mile tires. There has been no shimmy or vertical resonance and the ride is far better.

I am not going to buy Multi-Mile tires again. Further, I have had 3 bad experiences at Les Scwab and would only buy from them as a very last resort.

What's a multi-mile tire? One of those eco-tires with insanely high treadwear ratings?

If I buy a tire it sure as #@$%! better go "multi-mile".

They're a huge private label tire up here. I've had good luck with them. The bread and butter tires are actually the best-- when they go go hard to try for long mileage traction suffers.

Looking up the DOT code will probably bring you to TBC corp, AFAIK, not affiliated with anyone else, just a bunch of private labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back