Help me Choose Michelin vs. Yokohama for S.U.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm purchasing a set of new tires for my 2002 Escalade s.u.v., The Yokohama Geolander HT-S seem to be getting good ratings. And they say its a quiet tire. I usually pay extra and get the Michellin LTX M/S. This time I thought i'd give the Yokohamas a try. Any advice or opinions on this? Thanks

Look into the KELLY SUV tire,we have about 20K on a set and are real impressed with the ride quality and wet traction of this tire.The wear is rated about 65K but I was told theyll do 80k+ if managed correctly.There is a large fleet I was refered to that runs this tire on a Commercial basis and their new fleet trucks have their factory offerings replaced before bieng put into service.Sold me on a set thats for sure.

SS/LS

Thanks for the responses, I like the price of the Yokohamas. The Kelly's sound tempting too, wonder if they are a quiet tire though, Who caries the kellys and are they just called kelly suv tires?

I Use Michelin Pilot Primacys my self ..... I like em cos they stop ya in the wet & ya can go real fast round corners in teh dry
smile.gif

Michelins are pricing themselves way too high nowadays...

Price doesn't necessarily equate to quality. My Yokohamas for my car are the nicest tires I've ever owned, and the price was a bit less than Michelin...

Yoko has my money until they prove me wrong...Plus, their Geolandar tires have gotten great reviews...

I still think the Michelin area better tire, I tried the yokos on a few occations and had premature wear both times. My Michelins seem to last forever.

It IS tough deciding which round rubberish things to buy.

For what it's worth....... you would likely get, at the least, satifactory or better results from either tire.

The "devil is in the details."

Huh? No idea how that adage applies but it sounds good and makes me appear as if I know what I am babbling about!!!!

Oh, the Yokohama Geolander HT-S. There are the GO51, GO52 and GO53 versions. Make sure you get the one that's best for you ("The Geolandar H/T-S family features three different All-Season tread patterns (Yokohama's G051, G052 and G053 designs").

Did you peek at the reviews at tire rack?

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G053

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051

Michelin LTX M/S

Unsure of how useful user's opinions are etc. but can't hurt to peek at them. The chart thingy Tire Rack uses with numbered ratings for various aspects of the tires can be useful.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back