TBN 7.8
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210 ºF 63.0
Flashpoint F 405

UPC # 074509909478
WPP bottle
W70393 7039
High Performance Formulation
API SM, SL, SJ, SH, ILSAC GF-4, GF-3 API Certified

Comparison of Super Tech Full Synthetic to Super Tech Dino (FS/Dino)

ALUMINUM 0/0
CHROMIUM 0/0
IRON 1/1
COPPER 0/0
LEAD 0/0
TIN 0/0
MOLYBDENUM 2/0
NICKEL 0/0
MANGANESE 0/0
SILVER 0/0
TITANIUM 0/0
POTASSIUM 1/0
BORON 7/7
SILICON 2/2
SODIUM 0/0
CALCIUM 1313/1184
MAGNESIUM 4/4
PHOSPHORUS 412/406
ZINC 490/480
BARIUM 0/1
TBN 7.5/7.8
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210 ºF 63.0/61.5
Flashpoint F 420/405

Thanks for the info.... This makes supertech dino look like an even better value, but it does not seem to say much for the superiority of Supertech Synthetic.

Obvious calibration problem. All additive levels appear to be EQUALLY 40% low on both syn & dino VOA.

Its the blue WPP bottle.

I do have one pre-paid oil sample mailer for AVLUBE. If enough people think Blackstone's test was goofed, I can send another sample to other lab.

BTW - I was planning to run the Full Synthetic for an UOA. all I got for the DINO version was one quart.

maybe I wasnt so far off in saying that ST oils were formulated to be 'good enough' and not have a single drop of extra protective additive in them...

Yuck, not worth the price, thats for sure, pony up the extra 50c for havoline or whatnot.

JMH

guess I should've gotten the UOA done on the Civic's ST dino with 4k on it...but, since i switched to MC 5W-20 anyway, figured why bother....

i've run ST dino a lot in the civic and galant...never had an issue...never had a UOA either !

It's foolish to judge an oil based off a VOA in my opinion. Focus on the UOA's, not the VOA's.

Yep, I think Mannix has got it pegged - a Blackstone calibration problem.

This happened awhile back, maybe 2 years ago & the low levels of zinc & phos for a GF-4 motor oil are a dead giveaway.

Quote:

It's foolish to judge an oil based off a VOA in my opinion. Focus on the UOA's, not the VOA's.

You mean its foolish to blow money on this - my wife would agree
laugh.gif
banana.gif

Its nice to know where you started for UOAs.

I started doing VOAs after my first few UOAs keep showing low TBN for not that many miles of use. A VOA enlighten me that ths stuff I was using started near 6.

I have to admit that I only bought one quart of this stuff,
laugh.gif

BUT - I did want to see what it was based on. I know there is a lot of "hope" from some that believe its a good value. At least from a TBN point of view it was much higher than I was expecting.

Quote:

Starting tbn means nothing. The rate of how quickly the tbn depletes is what matters. Not to mention there are three different methods of testing tbn, which usually yield three different numbers.

Ya I've seen it, part of the reason why I'm curious to run the full synthetic after getting 7.5 in the VOA. Some UOAs were showing low TBNs - suggesting that Super Tech depletes quickly.

drool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back