Juan pablo Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see yesterdays bush race. Montoya had a fast car and pretty much mowed down the field including taking out his teammate for the lead. Wonder if #@$%! whine like tony stewart does when someone gets aggressive passing him. Denny Hamlin sure looked good for a circle track guy on a road course. Faster car and he would have taken it.

Quote:

but what kind of oil was he using?

Yeah, must keep on (forum) topic.
laugh.gif

It did look like JPM was telling the truth when he said he dove for the inside and had nowhere to go when Scotty boy came over on him. But I don't care anyway since Mr. Pruett drives for that glorified TOY brand in the Rolex series. Glad it happened to him.
wink.gif

Quote:

Anyone see yesterdays bush race. Montoya had a fast car and pretty much mowed down the field including taking out his teammate for the lead. Wonder if #@$%! whine like tony stewart does when someone gets aggressive passing him. Denny Hamlin sure looked good for a circle track guy on a road course. Faster car and he would have taken it.

Juan Pablo Montoliet. Multiple laps left and he had the fastest car on the track. Why wait to pass right?
smirk.gif
That move has to qualify for the boneheaded move of the year award...

jpm is the greatest thing to ever hit nascar since they first organized the event after they had been runnin moonshine all night. montoya races like a race driver should. there are no teammates on a race track, so you can not have orders not to pass 1 person "dirty."

and lets see, havoline is on the hood of the nextel cup car he runs on sundays sometimes, so maybe they run havoline?

Was a bone-headed move and I for one had that brief moment while watching that said GO GO GO!!! too. but in the end the other BONE-HEAD did not watch what was going on either. Live and learn I guess, but can't wait to see him on the road race with the CUP boys, it should be FUN!!!! Catch him if you can.

Montoya is a chop of note, he went to F1 mouthing off that he was so much better that them only to get his butt handed to him time and again. He is a dirty driver with a horses mouth. And after he ran away because he realised he was sub-standard he still challenges Schumacher and says he will beat him in NASCAR....really what a clown!! He wishes that he had half the skill that Schumacher has. Look at how well Hamilton and Alonso are doing in those Mclarens now, it that were Montoya he would he wrecking the car and blaming the team for a poor car, or the tyres or something or other....

Quote:

Montoya is a chop of note, he went to F1 mouthing off that he was so much better that them only to get his butt handed to him time and again. He is a dirty driver with a horses mouth. And after he ran away because he realised he was sub-standard he still challenges Schumacher and says he will beat him in NASCAR....really what a clown!! He wishes that he had half the skill that Schumacher has. Look at how well Hamilton and Alonso are doing in those Mclarens now, it that were Montoya he would he wrecking the car and blaming the team for a poor car, or the tyres or something or other....

lets talk about the mcclarens that kimi didnt win in last year...hmmm, they still arent winnin are they? what about renault? they were winnin last year but are having trouble stayin on pace. hmm...button finished the year strong, claiming the most points in the last 6 races, but he struggled to keep his car straight under breaking. #@$%!, sato qualified 10th in australia, with his teammate right behind him. guess what, cars change from year to year. the mp25 is not the same as the mp24a or b, so maybe thats why its doin better this year.

JPM is arrogant and he has a big mouth. For all that he is a world-class driver with 8 F1 race wins under his belt, as well as an Indy 500 win and at least one CART championship. He had the misfortune to be in F1 during the Schumacher era; otherwise, I believe he'd have done a little better. He recently won the 24 hours of Daytona; I think that was his first endurance race. He'll be good for NASCAR, and I look forward to his racing against the good ole boys. He won't be the only guy out there with arrogance and a big mouth.

Quote:

lets talk about the mcclarens that kimi didnt win in last year...hmmm, they still arent winnin are they.

Did you actually watch the first two races?
confused.gif
...proves my point Hamilton and Alonso are the class of the field, followed by Kimi. If JPM had been it the car he would be nowhere near the front...he only does well when he is in a winning car and thats why I say he was a 3rd rate F1 driver....the top tier drivers are able to take a second rate car and win or come darn close.
JPM sucks and he knows that thats why he ran away..cause he knew Ron was going to fire his big mouth...

Did anyone see his side-by-side with Tony Stewart last Sunday which resulted in Stewart spinning? Something tells me that wasn't the final chapter between those two.

The trouble with Montoya isn't that he's obnoxious, it's that so far he's not that fast in Nextel Cup. 23rd yesterday and 21st for the year so far.

Being a new darling boy and having everyone take a "hands off" helps him. But that, and running into someone almost every race only gets him mentioned, it doesn't win him races.

I'd also expect all the rest to not forget much of anything. So if he does get ahead of people like Stewart, I expect to see some payback if they can get a fender or bumper on him.

Now *that* should make things interesting...

He certainly didn't make any friends last Saturday night.

Sears Point and Watkins Glen should be his best chance to do well.

Can you imagine the reaction if he somehow won at Indy?

Anyone want to start a pool on Montoya?

Not a poll about if he'll win a race this year
laugh.gif
A more realistic one - By years end, how many cars will be left that he hasn't run into. I'm guessing about 5...

Or another - In how many races will he not cause a crash. My guess on that, 0...

Fun race yesterday.....takes the Nap out of NASCAR. I'm not a JPM fan (he's just an OK driver, and a F1 washout) BUTT - It's really good to see JPM show up the arshole rednecks and sleeper roadcourse drivers.

IMO, F1 misses a racer like JPM.
They homologate the rules just when his talent would have shine.
Eliminate the car, so they can show that the driver actually is not just along for the ride.

Congrats JPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back