how many quarts of oil you squatting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just read a post from tallpaul and he counted something like 194, that makes for a fine weekend afternoon. i myself am only sitting on around 54 quarts or so but i know how stuff can accumulate when your a fanatic. im a huge gun nut with over 60 pieces and maybee 12,000 rounds of ammo. just wondering if there are any bigger lubricant fanatics than tallpaul?

Oh yes.
laugh.gif
There are plenty. I have 260 quarts plus 100-150 odd bottles of additives.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

I know there are folks on here who make that look small, though.

I just started my stash. I've always just gone out and bought oil for an upcoming change. But now thanks to you guys I've fallen for the "buy it now while you can" sickness.

So I've just a modest collection of 30 some quarts.

David

Quote:

I just started my stash. I've always just gone out and bought oil for an upcoming change. But now thanks to you guys I've fallen for the "buy it now while you can" sickness.

I'm going in the opposite direction. I always had a huge stash of oil, mainly because when GC first came out in Canada I was worried it was going to disappear quickly so I just kept buying it every chance I got.

But now that I'm no longer using GC, I prefer to just buy my oil a few weeks before an oil change (on sale of course), just in case I change my mind and decide to run a different oil, or in case they make a change to the formula and I'd much prefer to get the latest stuff.

Guys, you've got to be kidding! 260 quarts! 12 gallons! What for? Do you have a fleet of cars?

I go and just what I need to when I need to……

I only maintain two cars, and there aren't too many sales around here, so I just buy for one oil change at a time, and research in between that time.

15 quarts Castrol High Mileage 5W-30
3 quarts Castrol Syntec 5W-20
12 quarts Havoline 5W-30
12 quarts Havoline 5W-20
10 quarts Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic 5W-30
4 quarts Valvoline Synthetic 5W-30
5 quarts Valvoline Durablend 5W-30
5 quarts Quaker State synthetic 5W-30
5 quarts Quaker State QTorque Power 5W-20
3 quarts Pennzoil Synthetic 5W-20
2 quarts Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30
4 quarts Trop Artic Syn-blend 5W-30
4 quart jug of Delo 400 15W-40
---
86 quarts

Services five vehicles in my driveway.... at-the-most a two year supply.

Last edited:
"Guys, you've got to be kidding! 260 quarts! 12 gallons! What for? Do you have a fleet of cars?

I go and just what I need to when I need to……"

With all due respect MOFXed, you're a group 1 member with two posts. You wouldn't understand.

welcome.gif

After the wall marts around here ran out of Synthetic rotella for like 3 months I all ways try to have at least 3-4 gallons on hand.
I have a little bit of Mobil 1 left form my super hord I built up in 1999. I still have about 2 gallons of SJ,SH rated mobil 1 5w-30 weight and about 1 gallon of SJ rated 15w-50 weight M1 left.
1999 was when you could get 5 cases of mobil 1 when it was on sale for $100 and have change left over to fill up your car with gas.
I have about 2 gallons of Mobil 1 synthetic AFT that I won't use because my transmissions leak.
I stalked up on advance auto brand AFT, got a few gallons.
Advance auto parts brand AFT should be repackaged valvoline.
I still have 3 gallons of SM rated mobil 1 I'm trying to cut in with my good oil and about 3 Qt's of MX4T.
A modest stash of about 60Qt's (just motor oil, not counting ATF) mostly in gallon jugs.
My next oil haul, I will be buying gallon jugs of 5w-40 weight Synthetic Shell Rotella T.
And maybe some MX4T.
I buy every thing possible in gallon or 5Qt jugs, cause when there empty they make great diesel fuel jugs.
The oil is cheaper in the big jugs, plus when its done I get a free fuel jug. win/win for me.
Plus I have a nice diesel fuel and gasoline stash.

Wow...you guys are really serious!

I had about 24 quarts of the old red cap 15w-50 that Iused in my Harleys a few yaers ago. Now I just have about 12 quarts of the new stuff. I don't know what I'm going to do when it;s gone, I bought it all on sale. I think we all need to see a shrink.

Just 18 quarts.
6 Qt. of Schaeffers (sp?) supreme 7000 10W30
4 Ot. of Chevron Supreme HM 10W30
4 Qt. of Phillips66 Trop Artic 10W30
4 Qt. of Shell Rotella T Synth 5W40
And some random bottles of ND30 or 40 for the mowers, but those dont count. :p

Mobil 1 20w-50 weight "V-Twin" motor cycle oil has more Zn and P then the old Red top SJ/CF rated 15w-50 weight oil.
That stuff should do the job.

I am down to just 24qts. of that only 18 of those are going in my vehicles. The other 6 I need to trade. Maxlife synthetic anyone?

Lets see...
12 Qt GC
5 Qt 5w-30 Maxlife
5 Qt 5w-30 Super Tech
12 Qt 5w-30 Pennzoil Platinum
8 Qt 10w-30 Pre-Changeover Pennz Plat (just got it yesterday)
1 Qt Quaker State 5w-30 SJ I had in the shed and forgot about.
8 Qt M1 5w-40 Truck & Suv
51 Qts Total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back