Lubro Moly Voll-Synthese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions, the UOA section only had one UOA!

To my surprise, Advance Auto is now carrying it. Albeit at 8.44 a litre, but this is in line with Bavauto.com prices.

Wonder how this compares with the GC?

well, the Vollsynthase is a 40wt and GC is a 30wt for one.

LMVS also has API SL levels of XDDP, plus a #@$%! load of boron!!!

im using the 0W40 in my car right now and will be switching to the 5W40 come 5000 miles.

I read that it was a 'thin' 40, and GC a 'thick' 30

How do you like it? Why are you switching to the 5W40? Are you going to do a UOA?

the 0W40 is a barely thin 40 with a viscosity of 14.0 cST.
the 5W40 is an barely thick 40 with a visc of 14.8 cST.
the mid 40wt cST viscosty is 14.4.

...although im currently adding VSOT, moly disulfide, and a quart of Redline 10W40 which gives it a viscosity of 15.5 cST and destroys the 0W rating heh.

the 5W40 has more boron and calcium, and less zddp and magnesium, and is thicker at 40C as well, which should lower my engine RPMS a bit under "cold" starting conditions. it is also my assumption that the 5W40 would have less polymeric VIIs, which is better for the summer since im gonna be putting my car through #@$%! muhahah!

if the UOA with the redline/vsot mix comes out ok i will probably add 1oz per sump quart VSOT and 1 qt of redline 5W30 to keep the viscosity stable (15.6 cST) while increasing ester content, moly and zddp a bit.

Seriously considering this oil for the SRT8
6.1L Hemi in my new Jeep.
Any more opinions on this oil?
Craig

It recently changed formulation (as BillionPA's VOA shows) so all comments on older versions are not very relevent. I say try it.

BTW, it's sold at one Advance Auto Parts in Fredericksburg, VA too. Their stock seems to be older formulations so far. To get the new version 5W-40, get it where BillionPA got his....where was that?

advanced auto sells lubro moly 0W-40 for around 32 per 5 liter jug....

also quickparts.com has it cheaper than the website listed above in this thread....

the volle-synthese is great oil and in my opinion just as good, if not better than GC.... both german made, and both extremely high quality oils....

"quikparts.com" is for engineers etc, I think you mean partsquick.com

Quote:

advance auto carries lubro moly??!?!?!?

wow!

Not where I live. They look at ya and say "what is it called".
dunno.gif

Quote:

Quote:

advance auto carries lubro moly??!?!?!?

wow!

Not where I live. They look at ya and say "what is it called".
dunno.gif

Simple solution to your problem..... go to advanceauto.com and order it online.... you pay for it online, and pick up your lubro moly at your closest AA store the next day.

that's how you can get those .99 cent clearance quarts also. It's one of the cheapest and best ways to shop for dirst cheap motor oil in my opinion.
usa2.gif

why is everyone saying that GC is gone? i don't get it. what happened? is castrol not going to make a 0W-30 any more? or are they switching it to a made-in-USA formula? or what?

and regarding lubro-moly: i love it. i've been using the 5W-40 in my 96' BMW 318 for 2 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back