Second Partticle Counts Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparative particle counts for my 2001 Toyota Sequoia with 159,000 total engine miles, using Mobil 1R0W-30 engine oil are as follows:

OEM oil filter PC vs. Amsoil EaO57 Oil filter PC
>4 Microns = 1,817 particles, 128 particles
>6 microns = 990 particles, 70 particles
>14 microns = 168 particles, 12 particles
>25 microns = 34 particles, 2 particles
>50 microns = 3 particles, 0 particles
>100 microns = 0 particles, 0 particles

Both samples had 1,550 miles on each filter. The OEM sample was new oil, Amsoil sample with 1,500 miles on the Mobil 1 engine oil.
The ISO cleanliness is reduced from 18/17/15 to 14/13/11 with the Amsoil EaO oil filter. I would have been very happy with 1 or 2 number reductions.. A 93% reduction in particulates is, well, as in going from no filtration to having a filter.... This level of cleanliness *will* provide meaningful, long term wear reduction and attendant increase in component life, from my experience.
My used engine oil is cleaner than the oil which came out of the quart bottle..
George Morrison, STLE CLS
(NOT an Amsoil dealer, never have been: may become one with results like this, however)

Glad I'm using one. Is Amsoil thinking of getting rid of the EaO harry j? I sure hope not. Those results are pheonominal. To me the filter is every bit worth it's price.
approved.gif

Will this extremely efficient level of filtration cause them to load much more quickly than conventional filters? With such high efficiency how can the service life also be so long? (25,000 miles/1 year) It seems too good to be true, the best of all worlds with no tradeoffs--very high efficiency + high capacity + high flow. Can it be?

Regarding "seems too good to be true". Welcome to the world of microglass/synthetic filtration medium. I upgrade industrial applications every day from cellulose to microglass: go from a 30 micron paper element filter to a 6 micron microglass. Vastly improved filtration, in the 90% reduction level, as in the EaO, AND the filter generally lasts 2 to 4 times longer than the cellulose filter it was replacing. How? Generally up to 40% of a cellulose filter element passes nothing, absolutely blocked.. Whereas the microglass or nanofiber (whatever) is 100% flowable filter. So, yes, filtering much finer, flowing much easier and lasting considerably longer, even though it is capturing 90% more particulates... Indeed, it is true......

Quote:

Will this extremely efficient level of filtration cause them to load much more quickly than conventional filters? With such high efficiency how can the service life also be so long? (25,000 miles/1 year) It seems too good to be true, the best of all worlds with no tradeoffs--very high efficiency + high capacity + high flow. Can it be?

You've forgotten the other factor, Mike. Price. You're paying a premium for the privelege of the advanced SYNTEQ® media (oops-nano-fiber
grin.gif
) ..otherwise, you're correct. There's normally no escaping the "triangle" of filtration.

It does appear to be worth it.

Quote:

Quote:

You've forgotten the other factor, Mike. Price. You're paying a premium for the privelege of the advanced SYNTEC® media (oops-nano-fiber
grin.gif
) ..otherwise, you're correct. There's normally no escaping the "triangle" of filtration.

It does appear to be worth it.

Gary,
When you consider that you can go multiple changes with the same filter, cost is really not such a concern. Besides, we're BOTOGERS, we want the best!
driving.gif

Quote:

Glad I'm using one. Is Amsoil thinking of getting rid of the EaO harry j? I sure hope not. Those results are pheonominal. To me the filter is every bit worth it's price.
approved.gif

Not that I know of, but you never know....stock up!

[quote Besides, we're BOTOGERS , we want the best!
driving.gif

Whats that?
confused.gif

I always used BITOG...
dunno.gif

Quote:

There is a statment. Better define "cleaner".

So all people ever need to do is change their oil filter?

Cool! Learn something new every day.

Bill
patriot.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think you can extend George's statement to include that, Bill.

New oil may have lots of stuff suspended in it that isn't in solution right away. We live in an imperfect world.
smile.gif

Aside from that, cleaner can't compensate for natural decay of certain elements. Hence with JUST filtration, you can't go forever.

..so I'll take your post as a wisearse thing
grin.gif

cheers.gif

Blast! Now what am I to do with all of those AA BOGO filters I just bought? These results are truly amazing!

Do it again! Oh, I know, go back to the OEM now, then back and forth a couple more times. Yeah.
cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think you can extend George's statement to include that, Bill.

New oil may have lots of stuff suspended in it that isn't in solution right away. We live in an imperfect world.
smile.gif

Aside from that, cleaner can't compensate for natural decay of certain elements. Hence with JUST filtration, you can't go forever.

..so I'll take your post as a wisearse thing
grin.gif

cheers.gif

Gary,

There was some smart donkey in there. Sorry..
bop.gif

But, I do think the statement could be that once you use this filter, the oil will become better then new. Or cleaner..

I would not make that comment and hope others reading this do not take it as fact.

Oil MUST be changed. I know this and hopefully everyone else understands this.

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

Yes, you gotta be careful what you say here. Even off the cuff rhetorical stuff can be taken seriously and out of context.

Everyone should be an oil agnostic. Only believing what is proved to be true in a repeatable way.

Quote:

There was some smart donkey in there. Sorry..
bop.gif

Don't apologize ...I do it all the time. Just making sure rhetorical ..off the cuff comments aren't taken too seriously or out of context
laugh.gif

Well, Gary, I have now become an Amsoil EaO filter Gnostic! I "know" that the EaO is simply the best automotive (wish they made one for my Ducati!) oil filter currently available... :)

George - I need to take the time to publicly thank you for testing the filters. You don't know how often people ask me for data - and I show them Amsoil (or lack of data) and folks don't believe that data. It's great to have unbiased testing!
thumbsup.gif
boat.gif
bowdown2.gif
cheers2.gif

Pablo, after having read several papers on the EaO medium in engineering publications, I had to do "real world" testing to confirm for myself the medium's efficiencies. And yes, you will certainly have some unbiased information to share! Me, Mr. ExxonMobil, validating the performance of an Amsoil product! But certainly the facts speak for themselves. And, really, the EaO had dirtier oil than the OEM filter to begin with, so its equilibrium particle count is certainly valid... Had I reversed the filter changes, it would be a good possibility that the OEM cellulose element would have turned in even higher particle counts..
Irrespective, the EaO is simply the highest quality automotive filter on the market today, from my testing and experience....

Quote:

Well, Gary, I have now become an Amsoil EaO filter Gnostic! I "know" that the EaO is simply the best automotive (wish they made one for my Ducati!) oil filter currently available... :)

It certainly appears to be a belief well founded in reality, George. I hope the 10k data is as substantially different as the short mileage test showed. This would really create a new standard to measure up to.

With all due respect to Amsoil in the number of top tier products that they offer, this is one that appears, based on current available data, as being distinctively superior.

Now if they would just learn the lessons from the ink jet printer producers and start giving away (sell at cost) their bypass filter mounts. The long money is in the filters and not the mounts ..but
dunno.gif
What do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back