If not GC, then what???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newly developed Mobil 1 10W-30 High Mileage. I think it will be the next uber-oil. Very similar viscosity properties to GC, more additives, and according to Mobil it's got an extra dose of esters. $5.90/qt at your local Wal-Mart.

Quote:

After trying three local Autozones, I'm probably just going to go with Motul Etech Lite 0w30 or ELF Excellium 0w30 for my Subaru WRX 2.0 liter turbo. They're a bit expensive but at least I can mail order instead of driving around.

I just tried Elf Excellium Full Tech 0W-30 in one of our 2005 Outback 2.5i's and my first impressionis that I like it better than GC 0W-30 in that car.

Quote:

I just tried Elf Excellium Full Tech 0W-30 in one of our 2005 Outback 2.5i's and my first impression is that I like it better than GC 0W-30 in that car.

Where did you find it? The best online source I've found so far is turbofrogperformence.com. $9.50 per liter including shipping if you buy 2 5-liter jugs.

Quote:

Quote:

I just tried Elf Excellium Full Tech 0W-30 in one of our 2005 Outback 2.5i's and my first impression is that I like it better than GC 0W-30 in that car.

Where did you find it? The best online source I've found so far is turbofrogperformence.com. $9.50 per liter including shipping if you buy 2 5-liter jugs.

I bought a deal... I think turbofrogperformance.com is your best bet.

I'm going to test the Excellium and see if 19K is a good interval.

If PP keeps running these 99 cent specials with rebate, i'll keep using it. If not i'll i'll use MC or Chevron
supreme.

I second Lubro moly....

also for a cheaper alternative why not Maxlife synthetic....
it has all the Euro approvals that GC ever had.

Quote:

There are a couple of threads dealing with this general subject. Several members are recommending Rotella Synthetic. Others are saying Schaeffers. Currently, GC has been referred to as a thick 30, 12.1cst @ 100. RTS is listed as 14.6 @ 100, a true 40 weight. Schaeffer Supreme 7k is 10-12cst @ 100 as listed on their site, and the full synthetic Supreme 9k is 13.5 to 14.5 cst @100. I don't think it is a question of if I will switch, only when. When I do, I'm fairly certain Schaeffer will be in my radar, based on what I've read here, and the company reputation. Giving up the exotic esters in GC will probably be as hard as breaking a 500 dollar a day crack habit though.

If you become a user of the Schaeffer 9000 series you'll have no withdrawl symptoms from GC at all. You may realize you were hooked on the wrong stuff all along.
bowdown2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back