Amsoil 0W-20 now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil 0W-20 ASM

asm_qt_350px.jpg

I wonder when AMSOIL will update their webpage? Can this be run in place of the 5W20? I just began switching all our vehicles over to TSO in place of Mobil 1 5W20 and really like it so far. I note no difference in my 5.4's performance. The fuel milage even stayed the same. Weren't there rumors about AMSOIL coming out with another 5W20?

Pablo,

The pricing link on the web page goes to the 10W30. Is the pricing the same as the other 25K oils? The specs look very good. I assume the base stock is mostly PAO, is that correct? Thanks.

Dennis

The pricing is not up yet - hopefully it will be today.

The pricing will be similar to ASL and ATM, maybe .05$/qt more.

The formula is a secret!
smile.gif
I believe it is a PAO basestock.

Quote:

The pricing is not up yet - hopefully it will be today.

The pricing will be similar to ASL and ATM, maybe .05$/qt more.

The formula is a secret!
smile.gif
I believe it is a PAO basestock.

This is a joke right. Or is only the 2000 series mostly PAO?
Judging by pour point it looks like it is mostly PAO, but pour point most likely is a poor way to judge this. Amsoil isn't going give us XOM type answers on this are they? I am not asking for the recipe, just the major ingredient.

Dennis

Quote:

This is a joke right. Or is only the 2000 series mostly PAO?
Judging by pour point it looks like it is mostly PAO, but pour point most likely is a poor way to judge this. Amsoil isn't going give us XOM type answers on this are they? I am not asking for the recipe, just the major ingredient.

Dennis

The major basestock is PAO, it has some esters, plus the additive carrier oils. The additive pack should be pretty stout in Ca PPM, with the good starting TBN. Claiming SM, the P must be under 800, with probably the Mo and B as in ASL. It does seem like some folks want the actual formula, which is a rather ridiculous request, IMHO.

I agree it is ridiculous to be asking for the formula. Thanks for the info, so by major basestock is PAO, would we be talking about 70-80 % PAO or is it more like 50-60 %? Also when Amsoil says 100 % Synthetic does Group 3 count as synthetic for Amsoil or only Group 4 and Group 5? I assume the additive carrier oils are group 3, or "non-synthetic", is that right? Thanks.

YES.....BUT THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED HOW MANY WAYS.....AND HOW MANY TIMES.
NO DISRESPECT TO YOU BUSTER..........BUT THERE ARE MANY WHO JUST DON'T GET IT.

I'M IN THE SHOP RIGHT NOW AND I USE LARGE CAPS HERE.
IN THE HOUSE IT IS ON SMALL CAPS......DON'T MEAN TO LOOK LIKE I'M SHOUTING...!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Quote:

I agree it is ridiculous to be asking for the formula. Thanks for the info, so by major basestock is PAO, would we be talking about 70-80 % PAO or is it more like 50-60 %? Also when Amsoil says 100 % Synthetic does Group 3 count as synthetic for Amsoil or only Group 4 and Group 5? I assume the additive carrier oils are group 3, or "non-synthetic", is that right? Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I believe ALL additive carriers....regardless of the oil type are group I.

Thus...no oil is 100% synthetic
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Actually carriers can be whatever oil:

1) Allows easy solubility of the additive (you don't need a ton of it to dissolve the additive itself)
2) Is itself soluble in the oil
3) Is stable in the usage environment

I thought most nowadays are Group II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back