no GC at autozone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky is falling, no GC at Auto Zone! Just open your Yellow Pages and look under Oil Distributors. Sooner or later you will find one who carries the Castrol line and can get GC for you. Most take walk in customers.

Plenty of GC at the AutoZone on Ross in Dallas. And, for those of you that know the area, it's not too fancy around there.

I think it may be an individual store thing, rather than a situation where all AutoZones are discontinuing it. I already have enough to last a year or two, so I don't see myself stockpiling any more. If GC does go away, I'll probably switch to Mobil 1 0-40 for my 740 and Camaro.

Reno stores carry it mostly and it seems that people buy it considering I have never been able to catch any green around here and I have gone hunting.

Every time I buy my GC, I go and take the AutoZOne survey and state that I am shopping there because they are the only ones who carry it.

On the other hand if GC gets discontinued I will be going to Motul. Amsoil and Redline would be second choices.

As long as GC is available I am getting it. I also mailed in the rebate and have gotten it once before, but will see if I get it again. 10 bucks is not bad.

Conspiracy Theory Update!
wink.gif

The new AutoZone sales circular has Syntec, Syntec Blend and GTX High Mileage on sale, but 0W-30 is not listed,
shocked.gif
though a poster on another thread said he was able to buy some at the sale price at his AZ.

Lucked out and found 5 quarts of GC Green (bottles were real dusty) at my local Auto Zone today. They rang up at the sale price also.

This was my first and apparently last fill of GC 0W-30. Went to my local AutoZone this evening to get whatever they had...none left. All gone.
frown.gif

Well, got a list of Autozones in a 10 mile radius and went to each and cleaned them out.

I am now the proud owner of 27.75 qts of GC (some in the older bottle marked "M0528...". Also decided to extend my oil change interval from 5000 miles to 7500 miles so this will last longer. Seeing as how my car takes 4.25 qts of oil on an oil and filter change, this should last me 6.5 oil changes or 48,000 miles.

Hey Maxima--what NC Autozones did you clear out? Hopefully not the durham one off I85.....

Well even if you did I still have enough green GC for three more OCIs--so I guess I can hold out for a while.

Quote:

Conspiracy Theory Update!
wink.gif

The new AutoZone sales circular has Syntec, Syntec Blend and GTX High Mileage on sale, but 0W-30 is not listed,
shocked.gif
though a poster on another thread said he was able to buy some at the sale price at his AZ.

I went to my regular Autozone today (Middlesex County, NJ) and they didn't have any GC for the first time in several years. I went to another one that's actually closer to my house and they had it. I also got the sale price even though 0W30 wasn't listed in the flyer either.
banana.gif

-Dennis

My regular AutoZone has been out of GC for several weeks so I went to another one and picked up the last 5 bottles they had at the sale price. We have lots AutoZones in my area so I think I'll start checking them so I can add to my stash since it does appear that they've decided to stop carrying it.

Quote:

Hey Maxima--what NC Autozones did you clear out? Hopefully not the durham one off I85.....

Well even if you did I still have enough green GC for three more OCIs--so I guess I can hold out for a while.

Hi pb11,

No, I cleaned out Raleigh.
smile.gif

There is one store at 2000 New Bern Ave has a few left.

Quote:

Plenty of GC at the AutoZone on Ross in Dallas. And, for those of you that know the area, it's not too fancy around there.

Not anymore 'cause it's in my trunk!
Scored 12 quarts of gold.
Thanks for the tip!

James

Sounds like my neighbours in the USA may get screwed. So far lots of GC here at our local places. Perhaps I should start an import/export business. I could ship GC and XD3...

Got 17 quarts with 4 green here in southern NH at sale price, now I have to go searching for another 3 green as my car take 7 for a change.

I just visited another two AutoZones in my area. One didn't have any GC and the other had only 2 bottles left. The Manager told me they were phasing out all of the 0w-30 and 0w-40 oils.
If GC is really going away I need to find an alternative but there's really nothing out there in the $6.00/qt range that's a worthy alternative in my opinion. Luckily I have enough GC that I won't have to make a change anytime soon.

Unfortunately, it looks like they are phasing it out. I dropped by AZ today and they had 1 bottle left...and it was a dusty bottle of the American #@$%!. I've never seen a bottle of pre-GC before.

My store had 4 bottles of the American stuff. Bottom of the bottle had a manufacture date of some time in 2001. Pass. Luckily, I was able to get more transferred from another store nearby.

Weird. I had 16 quarts of GC transferred to my local AZ today from another AZ here in Maine. All were shiny bottles and new German except one dusty one with 2001 label and not marked Germany. I also passed on that one. By the way, did anyone ever do a VOA or UOA on the "American" 0W-30 Syntec? To meet the 0W part of the spec, it must have had some group IV in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back