Ran into a couple of guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
running 7.40 ET altereds (32 Frod PU's)in Houston last weekend...they both swear by these Baldwin Oil filters....anybody here running Baldwin Oil Filters on a high performance engine? Not much from search or google on them really. We run NAPA/WIX but am always open to upgrade for sure.

Were there any Baldwin stickers on the cars? I've noticed that if someone is willing to pay, even Fram will have its users in racing.
wink.gif

Baldwin filters are top notch and use the same nanofiber material in the Amsoil oil filters.

i would assume they also need the flow capacity the Baldwin filters have, which are generally designed for high displacement truck engines with LOTS of oil.

Quote:

Baldwin filters are top notch and use the same nanofiber material in the Amsoil oil filters.

Is this FACT?? NOT flaming, just honestly asking. If so they will be in my engine's future. I was thinking of trying them anyway (at 1/2 the P.C. cost of the EaOs).
smile.gif

well, Baldwin is a Clarcor company, and Clarcor owns Baldwin, Hastings, Clark, and Purolator.

and isnt Hastings the company that makes the filters for Amsoil?

all that being said, looking at the pics of some Baldwin filters ripped open the filter media does not look the same as the EaO filters. also that bypass system of the Amsoil filter looks identical to the Donaldson filters.

i know #@$%! well that Donaldson is for sure using the nanofiber in their Endurance line of filters (as per their product literature), so they could be the ones making the EaO filters for Amsoil.

i know that Hastings at one point was making their filters, but that could have been the old ones.

the Wix filters also look very nice internally.

Baldwin Severe Service Filters Outperform Synthetic Media Filters

Responding to today´s demands for effective lube filtration for high performance engines, with the capacity for extending oil change intervals, Baldwin Filters has introduced a new line of "Severe Service filters"

Severe Service filters incorporate the proven effectiveness of cellulose media, blended with synthetic media technology. Under appropriate conditions, these new filters have extra efficiency and capacity to handle extended drain intervals. On the other hand, for equipment operating under extreme conditions, Severe Service lube filters provide added protection against harmful oil contaminants.

Amsoil has exclusive licensing for the nanofiber filters from Donaldson. Amsoil's nanofiber filters are assembled by the same companies that make the OEM filters, which are several companies.

Quote:

Baldwin filters.....use the same nanofiber material in the Amsoil oil filters.

People come here for good information, if you don't know the facts, please don't pretend that you do. Thanks.

Quote:

Clarcor owns.....Purolator.

Not exactly. Purolator Filters NA LLC, is a joint venture company of the Bosch and MANN+HUMMEL groups.

I've had good luck with baldwin filters in my ford 4.6L's.

I bought a box of them from a local fleetpride place.

When they service vehicles they put on the baldwin filter.

I went back to the motorcraft filters, just because its easier to buy them at walmart, and a bit cheaper also.

Quote:

i know #@$%! well that Donaldson is for sure using the nanofiber in their Endurance line of filters (as per their product literature), so they could be the ones making the EaO filters for Amsoil.

This is what I thought as well. In fact, I thought that A.J. subcontracted Donaldson directly to manufacture the EaOs??
Oh well, since the Baldwins are NOT the nanofiber stuff, I guess I will continue to pay for the EaOs. I might switch to/try the Wix brand if I go with the short OCI AFL (Amsoil Euro 5W-40) for the hot summer change.

Quote:

Quote:

Baldwin filters.....use the same nanofiber material in the Amsoil oil filters.

People come here for good information, if you don't know the facts, please don't pretend that you do. Thanks.

pat2.gif

yeah... sorry about that. one of those late night posts where i confuse the facts. Baldwin and Donaldson got switched in my head. the most i made the next morning was much more concise.

as for the Purolator situation, are they just licensing their name/logo like Polaroid or did they sell off that division?

The best I can tell is Purolator sold off the car filter division to Mann, et al. Not sure about the fancy words combined with Bosch. To me it means they'll go to the cheapest contract manufacturer.....a Volvo buddy bought a Purolator for his Volvo 240, and was pleasantly surprised to find a MANN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back