'06 Dodge Ram CTD Schaeffer's Blend 4,372 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid for a particle count, but the oil was too dark in color in order to perform the count
confused.gif

The oil was a 50/50 blend of Schaeffer's 9000 & 7000 with approximately a quart of Red Line 15W-40 in the mix also (I put in what I had)
coffeetime.gif

oil.jpg

Other than "test results appear to indicate normal levels for this compartment", that's kind of a vague report, when I get one back from Blackstone they usually give a little more detail.

I was wondering why the redline? because you thought it needed it? how did the 5w40 work for you? I personally have never used this oil but was wondering your opion on this oil?

I'll check back later on your answer or pm me if you like.
bob

Bob,

The Supreme 9000 5W-40 has proven to be an excellent oil in a HDEO aplication. There are a number of UOA's that I've seen here on BITOG and on other diesel sites with stellar UOA's when using the 9000 5W-40.

I'd rather use the 9000 over the 7000 if for no other reason than cold cranking + it's not that much more than the 7000 and uses a Group III + Group IV as the basestock.

The reason why I put the Red Line in my truck is because I was a quart shy of Schaeffer's when I changed oil and grabbed some Red Line 15W-40 that I had.

By the way, I have a UOA on my old truck (6.0 PSD) running the Red Line 15W-40 and the wear numbers looked good. Here's a link to the UOA: Red Line 15W-40 in a 6.0 PSD

I tried to tell someone on thedieselstop.com that Redline would take care of their shearing and cold weather issues. But there are some old brains with old world ideas on that site and you just can't tell them anything. Never argue with an idiot. Someone watching won't be able to tell which one it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back