Toughest, most durable wax/protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

The new Zaino ZAIO is the most simple double process possible, just like AIO (klasse), you just wipe on and off and you just cleaned and sealed you paint.

Would using just ZAIO still provide maximum protection? I'm more concerned with protection than I am with a deep gloss, so I want the longest lasting protection I can get without a huge amount of work.
Can ZAIO be top coated with a carnauba wax to prolong the protection or would it make more sense to top coat with another Zaino product if I'm going to the trouble.
Or...is it better to just add a second coat of ZAIO after awhile?

ZAIO then followed by a coat or two of Z-2 for great protection.
CS/Z8 and Z6 are options that I use but aren't necessary unless you're as anal as me.
Carnauba wax is a bit of a dinosaur.It's nice but doesn't last and leaves a bit of an oily residue that gathers dust.
Try Zaino...you'll become a cult member.
laugh.gif

Zaino products are easy on and easy off.
The thinner applied the better.
I can do my Camry with Zaio or Z-2 in 30-35 minutes on and off.
The Explorer a few minutes more.
You'll find the product goes on and off so easy and the results are fantastic that you'll find yourself adding a layer of Z2(which can be layered)more often.

Exactly what Colt and Shorty said, you can't layer ZAIO and for maximum protection you should put a coat of Z2Pro on top of ZAIO. For the ultimate wet look a layer of Z5Pro and Z2Pro, together they make a real nice look. But yes then you are getting into the work. Maximum protection is pretty easy, ZAIO followed by Z2Pro as thin as you can, 1/2 ounce should do a car. I assume CS is not as durable as Z2Pro or Z5Pro, that's why I'm not recommending it for "Maximum" protection. I highly recommend CS what it's purpose is, but Zaino sealants are the durable protection your looking for. Nobody can say for sure how durable CS is because it hasn't been out long enough. I'm not joking when I say I have tight beads on my truck for over a year from stacking z2pro/z5pro. I haven't renewed my truck becasue I'm extremely busy with work and family and I haven't had a chance to detail my own vehicle. Zaino spoils people like me who just are to busy to wax once a month!

if you really want tough tough paint protection - get the 3m paint protectant cover sheets - muuuuucho big bucks tho.

aside from that - everybody will have a different opinion. Here's mine - do in this order:
Klasse AIO (cleans and seals - sealant lasts for 6+ months)
Poorboys EX Sealant (wax + sealant - sealant lasts for 6+ months)
Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax (wax + UV blockers)

in all that gives u these layers from top to bottom:
UV protection + wax
sealant + wax
sealant
factory clearcoat
factory paint

thats two layers of sealant and two layers of wax and one layer of UV blockers

Quote:

I assume CS is not as durable as Z2Pro or Z5Pro, that's why I'm not recommending it for "Maximum" protection. I highly recommend CS what it's purpose is, but Zaino sealants are the durable protection your looking for. Nobody can say for sure how durable CS is because it hasn't been out long enough.

True, not out long enough for regular users to comment on durability. Beta testers have experienced durability at least equal to the Z2/Z5 sealants. Sal even states on the website it can achieve up to 9 months of protection. Website comments on Z2/Z5 mention 6 months protection but do not expand further if it is layered.

Don't get me wrong, nothing in my opinion beats a layered Z2/Z5 finish interms of, shine, depth, and durability. But if someone is looking to get 9/10ths of the results without the "work" involved with a layered finish, ZCS would probably fit the bill. Its some pretty wild stuff and a great addition to Zaino's progressive line of products.

Do the new Zaino products offer a deeper shine than the older generation of products? Zaino has always given a very shallow, "Mop-N-Glo" shine to me.

And Zaino makes too many darn products! They should at least split them into professional and consumer lines. I want to feel like I'm buying a product designed for a specific purpose, not just another product for fans to experiment with.

In any case, sorry to use my post to hate on Zaino.

The first coat of Klasse AIO on my Silverado seems tough and offers a reasonable depth of shine. My plan is for a couple more coats, then a couple of coats of Collinite Insulator Wax.

Quote:

Do the new Zaino products offer a deeper shine than the older generation of products?

It is like night and day Mike. Everyone agrees the old Zaino had a look that was lacking. The new stuff is incredibly deep, and in fact the new Clear Seal looks just like a high quality nuba but you can use it on anything, even windows. The problem with AIO by klasse is the new version isn't very durable because of the VOC situation. You will still have a great quality protection using Collinite though. So if that what works for you cool, it's a good choice. But at least know the new Zaino has a great look plus durabilty. Too bad for them that they had lack luster shine before they upgraded. First impressions are hard to overcome.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Yep, Zaino is the most durable...period...

Coming close are: Collinite and Klasse

From this statement you apparently have not tried Duragloss 105 because their is no way Zaino will last longer.

NuFinish stands alone in terms of pure durrability. My Impala sat out side for 9 months and was waxed with Nu Finish at the start. At the end of 9 months it still beaded water like it was just put on. I have never seen another wax perform like that.

I switched to Zaino after using most stuff like New Finish, T3, and Duragloss and other stuff you can buy at Car stores. I never looked back, Zaino is some real cool stuff and I'm glad I found it.

"NuFinish stands alone in terms of pure durrability." I find that it works great too, as our vehicles sit outside here in the Pacific NW, and are still beading decently after using Nufinish last summer. That being said, if thou uses Nufinsh thy name will be entered in the book of detailing heretics, to burn under an eternal summer desert sun while waxing thy car.

Quote:

"NuFinish stands alone in terms of pure durrability." I find that it works great too, as our vehicles sit outside here in the Pacific NW, and are still beading decently after using Nufinish last summer. That being said, if thou uses Nufinsh thy name will be entered in the book of detailing heretics, to burn under an eternal summer desert sun while waxing thy car.

Yup!
Most "detail snobs" never used it or will even try it. Probibly because it has beenaround a long time and is sold at Wal-mart. It has been used and tested and proved far more then most other waxes.

Quote:

...That being said, if thou uses Nufinsh thy name will be entered in the book of detailing heretics, to burn under an eternal summer desert sun while waxing thy car.

your name will get listed with the guys who use cheap micro fiber, brushes, only use one "wax" product, don't layer, use armor-all, don't wash their cars once a month and use regular glass cleaner...
rugerman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back