Alignment Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if you get an alignment with really worn tires and then put on new tires...would I need to get another alignment?

Well my car is lowered and Im pretty sure the toe is out of spec. Lots of inner tread wear.

do you have the adjustable upper control arms in the front and adjustable arms in the rear? i know on these cars the only adjustments from the factory are front and rear toe. SPC sells a upper control arm for the front that has a ball joint that can be rotated and moved to bring camber and caster into spec. Eibach has adjustable rear arms to give additional toe adjustmend and camber adjustment on the rear.

Quote:

Well my car is lowered and Im pretty sure the toe is out of spec. Lots of inner tread wear.

if its lowered that means your camber and caster are probably whats causing all the wear on the tires, not toeing.

I have always been told to get tires first then have the alignment done. Preferably by the same shop if they have that capability.

Used vs. new won't make much difference if still same size. If changing tire size, you wasted money on first align. Did shop give you printout of before/after specs at time of align? As bdcardinal mentioned, aftermarket parts are available to make lowering work properly. If you can't afford replacement parts, raise 'er back up and save them pennies!

Bob

i have ride height adjustable coilovers on my mustang and installed caster/camber plates on the top strut that allows pull adjustment of those angles. the rear is non adjustable as it is a solid axle. definately make sure that if you spend the money to lower, make it so you can do the alignment so you dont waste money on tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back