Quaker State Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't more people using this oil?
I just noticed that the 10w30 is ACEA A3 rated. Now that Mobil 1 is off my list, this may be the best alternative unless UOA's are proving it to be not so good...

PP was not available yesterday so I purchased the 5w30 QS Full Syn and put it in turbo PT Cruiser. I am certain it wil do the job.

Then there's the Quaker State QTorque Power synthetic. The price dropped not too long ago on both QS synthetic labels - about when Platinum dropped it's price. I would bet QS synthetic sales have at least quadrupled since. The Platinum is very good for wear guard - but my consumption doubled using it.

Quote:

Why aren't more people using this oil?
I just noticed that the 10w30 is ACEA A3 rated. Now that Mobil 1 is off my list, this may be the best alternative unless UOA's are proving it to be not so good...

I've got 2 or 3 UOAs on the QS 5W-30 synth and 1 UOA on the 10W-30 synth. Great numbers every time. My OCI are not very long due to the engine I have mind you.

It just seems odd to me that PP gets so much attention and the QS synthetic is ignored for the most part. Is PP ACEA A3 rated?

The QS price drop is recent like Platinum. There's been increased discussions on Quaker State here.... most-all very favorable. I have two OCIs-worth to use-up. Looking forward to see how it matches-up against my departing Mobil-1.

I bought a bunch of QTP 10w30 for my Audi A4. It seems to like the oil... I just wish it was warmer here.

Quote:

I bought a bunch of QTP 10w30 for my Audi A4. It seems to like the oil... I just wish it was warmer here.

Three days ago, after more than a week of frigid cold, the weatherman said we woud see 30 degrees by mid-week.

Once again, he lied thru his teeth! Now the high at mid-week is supposed to be 19.

What other job pays that kind of money for lying every day to a million perople?
laugh.gif

Quote:

It just seems odd to me that PP gets so much attention and the QS synthetic is ignored for the most part.

Probably because it has been stated here before by an ex-Pennzoil employee that the Pennzoil Platinum uses a superior Group III basestock compared with the QuakerState synthetic oils.

Quote:

Quote:

It just seems odd to me that PP gets so much attention and the QS synthetic is ignored for the most part.

Probably because it has been stated here before by an ex-Pennzoil employee that the Pennzoil Platinum uses a superior Group III basestock compared with the QuakerState synthetic oils.

Then I wonder why QS 10w30 is ACEA A3 rated and the Pennzoil is not.

Quote:

Quote:

Does this also include the Q-Power too? That it has the superior base stock compared to? Or just the synthetic Quaker? Where does Q-power fit?

Are we discussing Q-Advanced or Full Synthetic? Hasn't the Full Syn been replaced with the Q-Advanced. The Q-Advanced data sheet is most impressive. CCS of 5-30 is better than PP's 5-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back